At Panda, we all share a common mission:
"Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The Compensation/Finance Contractor is responsible for the implementation and administration of the company’s compensation programs, focused primarily on base and incentive compensation programs for Support Center but also involvement with Operations compensation programs. This position conducts detailed market benchmarking and internal equity analyses and participates in compensation surveys conducted by third parties to ensure company programs are competitive and equitable.
- Develops, implements, and administers the company’s compensation programs, focused primarily on base and incentive compensation programs for Support Center. Participates in preparing presentations on proposed changes to compensation programs for leadership to achieve more effective program design.
- Conducts compensation benchmarking & analyses to determine market competitive total compensation levels as the basis for creating competitive total rewards programs for Support Center associates. Assists in updating the SC and Operations management base pay structure based on the results of the competitive analyses.
- Assists in updating the Operations base pay structure on an annual basis based on the results of competitive analyses using specialized chain restaurant survey. Administers base pay increases for Operations management associates.
- Administers pay changes and hire offers for their assigned functions. Responds to requests for compensation reviews and assists in preparing recommended response.
- Identifies appropriate survey sources for participation and submits company data to secure needed surveys most cost effectively.
- Monitors compensation trends and best practices, formulating recommendations for changes to compensation programs to reflect the most effective practices or to create most efficient processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; CCP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in HR or Finance, preferably in a retail/hospitality operations environment.
- Successful completion of annual store training.
Panda Restaurant Group’s culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.