Job Title: Ellucian Banner Developer Analyst
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job Type: Contract
To Apply: We really want to hear from you, even if it’s just to ask some questions about the job or have a chat in confidence. Please click to apply with your resume.
Description: A GTS client is seeking The Ellucian Banner Developer Analyst who is responsible for supporting the business departments and their interaction with the various business applications in use. The Ellucian Banner Developer Analyst will review, analyze, and evaluate requirements; and provide advanced technical support for maintaining the Ellucian Banner system or programs and systems supporting students, faculty, staff, Institutional Research and programs. A successful candidate will possess a combination of technical skills and functional experience with the designated system(s) for the area of assignment using the Banner Higher Education software suite and/or other reporting applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides advanced technical support for maintaining the designated system in the Ellucian Banner ERP System or other systems. Supports all end-user functions and activities associated with the Banner modules; including maintenance, upgrades, testing, validation, and quality assurance.
- Supports activities associated with data tracking, statistical analysis and reporting processes. Writes code as required to support end users processes.
- Reviews existing procedures and processes, identifies improvements, and documents process flows. Consult with systems analysts, programmers, and end users to gather information about input requirements, processes, procedures, functions, data requirements, and output requirements.
- Maintains communications and positive relations with functional end users and Information Technology to resolve system issues in a timely manner and improve processes.
- Serves as liaison between functional areas and Information Technology to coordinate the implementation of all major Ellucian Banner system conversions; assist end users with defining system support requirements; translate user requests into requirement specifications, and coordinate training for all users of the system.
- Monitors user issues, troubleshoots problems, and implements fixes as required. Configures the Ellucian Banner Student, Financial Aid, Fiscal, HR and Payroll modules to perform needed functions according to documented processes and procedures.
- Develops test plans and test cases for system enhancements, upgrades, fixes, etc. Coordinates and participates in user testing with functional departments for the appropriate module and validate test results.
- Proposes and develops proper interfaces to external applications. Assist with end-user report requirements, specifications, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Reviews forms and reports; confer with management and users about format and distribution to identify problems and opportunities for improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or a combination of relevant experience, education and training that equates to the required degree.
· Three years or more experience with Ellucian Banner job related function such as in Programmer or Analyst role.
· Master's degree
· Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, statistics or a related field.
· Five years of experience with Ellucian Banner in job related function and three years of more experience with Ellucian Banner maintenance support preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate knowledge SQL, PL/SQL programming language and shell scripting.
- Basic knowledge of Ellucian Banner database structure (table names and relationships, how to determine tables referenced by forms, etc.)
- Knowledge of problem solving, analysis, and documentation of Ellucian Banner functionality.
- Knowledge of the assessment and documentation of client requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the successful implementation or maintenance of modules of Ellucian Banner and related software/user interfaces in a college or university setting.
- Knowledge of Luminis, ODS, and other Ellucian Banner products.
- Knowledge of organizational studies and end-user training.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communications, collaboration, and customer service.
- Ability to successfully implement or support Ellucian Banner systems in the applicable job function.
- Ability to plan and manage complex/diverse projects; handle multiple projects; and work independently with general guidance. Must be innovative, creative, resourceful, accurate, timely, detail-oriented, and flexible to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to train and tutor effectively by conveying information about technical subjects to nontechnical audiences.
GTS Technology Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Contract
- Application Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Ellucian Banner Student Information System (SIS) Programming: 3 years (Required)
- San Antonio, TX (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement