Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we’re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that’s working to fulfill its vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group.
The Cross Border Data Movement Compliance Officer (“CBDM Compliance Officer”) will report to the Head of Privacy Capabilities & Tools within the MUFG Union Bank Global Privacy Office. The CBDM Compliance Officer will manage a team of 5 professionals and be responsible for planning and execution of the Privacy Office team’s delivery on required cross border data movement, ensuring compliance with global data movement for various regulatory environments including, personal data / privacy, AML / KYC & Bank Secrecy requirements. Additionally, the CBDM Compliance Officer will be responsible for planning and coordinating testing, monitoring and internal audit reviews. The role will also support project management needs for the development of procedures and policies to support the movement for critical projects, working across the team and with other key risk partners.
- Lead the CBDM Compliance team, whose representative tasks will include PIA (Privacy Impact Assessment)/DPIA (Data Protection Impact Assessment) review collaboration with line of business privacy leads to support global and regional projects, with respect to facilitating the movement of sensitive data to support critical business initiatives.
- Assess privacy and data protection risks, and provide consulting and advice to business and information technology partners to identify and mitigate risks.
- Work with project teams helping to support integration and set-up of new privacy & cross border data movement processes.
- Work closely with line of business compliance officers in the ongoing development of key compliance controls as well as with 1st line risk and control group owners.
- Act as a central point of contact for training development, new product and service reviews and other matters related to cross border data movement.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with compliance or risk program and project management.
- Experience with of key project management methodologies.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in banking regulatory compliance or similar work experience in compliance or risk management.
- Experience managing and identifying risks associated with cross border data movement
- Knowledge of cross border data restrictions i.e. privacy and bank secrecy requirements
- Strong presentation and written communication skills and the ability to analyze and make effective, business-centric recommendations to business leaders and senior management.
- Experience with the execution of compliance risk assessments
- Experience with running projects, including the development and maintenance of a project plan
- Experience drafting policies and procedures across multiple privacy topical areas, creating training and awareness content, and coordinating issue management activities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and collaborate with cross-functional teams within first, second, and third line disciplines.
- A BA or BS is required; project management and implementation experience plus CIPP or equivalent certifications are highly desirable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.