We're on the lookout for an Infrastructure engineer with AWS chops to join our global team based in Nashville, TN. This role is part of the team that manages the physical and virtual systems and networks that Campaign Monitor runs on. You'll be responsible for maintaining and growing our infrastructure and systems, and you'll play a crucial role in how the team manages Campaign Monitor's core programs and processes.
As the perfect candidate, you have 5 or more years of experience building and managing Linux systems (we use Ubuntu and RHEL) in a highly available and scalable environment. You also have extensive experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS), since it plays a big role in our current and future infrastructure plans.
Here are some things we'd like to see in your skillset:
Bonus points for:
- Debugging critical infrastructure issues and general on-call duties
- Creating secure and scalable systems in AWS
- Continuous integration and deployment in AWS using Jenkins
- Experience performing Linux administration and tuning
- Experience operating highly available, large-scale distributed systems
- Apache and mod_wsgi, Nginx, Node.js
- Comfortable troubleshooting databases alongside our DBA (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis)
- Strong troubleshooting, communication and documentation skills
- Backup and Recovery
- Monitoring and Performance Tuning (Zenoss, statsd/graphite, Logstash, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Python, Bash, Ruby)
- Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Opsworks, etc)
- Must be able to assist in moving hardware
Some examples of projects you could work on:
- Experience scaling and optimizing data stores like Elasticsearch
- AWS certifications (+5 Wisdom for Pro Certification)
- Load Balancing (Big-IP F5, AWS NLB/ALB)
- Managing and optimizing our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Improving our logging and monitoring processes
- Assisting developers with CI tooling
We are looking for someone who would be interested in engineering process, continuous integration/deployment, event driven architecture and the tools that make it all happen (e.g. Jenkins, Packer, Containers, queueing platforms, etc.) since you'll help put it all together with your sweet Python and bash coding skills.
The right hire will work alongside our Infrastructure team in Nashville – at the Trolley Barns, to be exact. You'll work closely with other US and AUS based engineers on a daily basis.
Campaign Monitor offers competitive salaries and generous benefits and is consistently named one of the best places to work. In fact, we've been picked as one of the Top 100 Places to Work by Outside Magazine ( http://myemma.com/blog/article/we-were-named-one-of-outside-magazines-best-places-to-work ) and honored as one of Inc. Magazine's Winning Workplaces. Plus, we're dead set on becoming the very best at what we do. Interested in becoming the best with us? Let's chat.