Recruits and retains new family child care providers. Researches, develops and presents professional development events. Consults with centers, providers, preschools and parents regarding their special concerns. Supports membership and service goals of the Child Care Resource & Referral Program (CCR&R).
- Provide in person and virtual implementation of learning community peer support system.
- Facilitate learning communities that assist participants in joining and participating in peer-to-peer support.
- Ensure fair and equitable access to culturally responsive support within peer-to-peer learning communities.
- Provide education to child care providers about shared service models and possible outcomes that could benefit the unique needs of each network of providers.
- Learning communities will be regional to meet the needs of all providers in those areas.
- Meetings could include supports to help providers meet a specific need (progress through QRIS).
- Determine current strengths and needs in each learning community in order to establish opportunities for services that could be shared between participating providers using relevant data and information as well as any needed assessment tools.
- Minimum of Associate Degree (A.A. or A.S.) in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Working Knowledge of Microsoft applications. Knowledge of child care required.
- Participates in communication/coordination meetings and trainings.
- Ability to work with a diverse client population.
- Requires good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Holds a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner and to multi-task.
- Provide technical assistance to child care programs specific to any financial requirements of the grants program, with a focus on maintaining accurate records.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, including creating and editing documents, and spreadsheets.
- Complies a variety of reports and data information with a high degree of accuracy to support compiling and synthesizing reports.
- Participates in all Child Care Aware of Kansas orientation, communication/coordination meetings and trainings.
Child Start's Early Childhood Specialist - Learning Community Consultant position is $17.00 per hour.
Child Start offers competitive salary and benefits, including Medical/Dental/Vision plans, company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage, 403(b) retirement plan, 9 paid holidays each year, and much more!