Do you have experience leading manufacturing site activities? If yes, GSK has an exciting opportunity to lead the manufacturing operations at our Memphis Consumer Healthcare site. In this role, you will manage, direct, and be accountable for all the Site activity related to maintaining a compliant, safe, and sustainable environment and to ensure timely delivery of the highest quality products manufactured by the site.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Strategy and direction
- To set the vision and strategy for the site aligned with the CH/GMS (Global Manufacturing and Supply) & GSK strategy
- Coordinate and direct production and technical/support functional activities on Site toward achievement of goals
- Ensures alignment of the Site with the Supply Chain, Category and GSK through timely and interactive communication
Customer Service/Supply Chain Management
- Manage the interface between Sites and with rest of the organization (Corporate and Commercial)
- Proactively manages risk inherent in production and Site operations to ensure supply continuity to GSKs Commercial business and compliance with stakeholders needs
- Ensure all trading service agreements are properly managed
- Implement QMS in all parts of the Site
- Identify and implement quality audits and self inspections
- Ensure the timely implementation of all recommendations arising from all audits
- Ensure all staff on Site are trained to the standards required in our QMS/Site policies
- Drive the adoption of a RFT/quality culture across the Site
Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure Site compliance with all Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality and Regulatory requirements
- Implement programmes to ensure safe working practices, and health of the workforce
People Management and Development
- To lead, train, develop and motivate Site Leadership and employees towards the pursuit of operational excellence and attainment of efficient Good Manufacturing Practice
- Manage employee relations through effective performance management and labor relations excellence
Financial & Governance
- To develop and deliver the financial budgets in compliance with financial standards
- Managing Site business performance through the establishment of a number of Governance Boards, chairing – EHS Council, Risk Mgmt, and Strategy Deployment
Change & Process Management
- Management and delivery of change initiatives involving processes, technologies and people which contribute to the overall effective improvement of the site as defined by our strategy
- Represents the face of GSK to external bodies, customers, and local community within region/country, also has legal responsibilities e.g. safety, and environmental
Contacts & Relationships
- Interface with all staff across the Site
- Interface with HSE, EA and External Quality/Food Safety authorities
- Network across CH and GMS, with particular focus on customers, supply chain functions and category
- Member of CH SC Team
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Experience of leading a Site or being part of a Site Leadership Team in a large Site
Experience of operating in a SLT role with a large GSK Site ( Operations /Value Stream Lead . Technical Lead, Quality Lead,or Engineering Lead
University Degree in Manufacturing related subject e.g. Engineering, Chemistry
Demonstrable successful career advancement within a FTSE Top 100 or Fortune 500 manufacturing environment
Senior Management experience within manufacturing and supply chain environment
Experience of working at a pharmaceutical, Consumer Health or FMCG (Food) site either within or outside GSK
Technical background with experience of working in/leading a production team
Proven record of achievement in a rapidly changing manufacturing environment
Previous experience of working within a highly regulated and quality controlled environment
Knowledge of budgeting, capital project development, logistics and compliance regulations related to FDA, OSHA, EPA and EEO
Team leader with experience of developing High Performing Teams
Experience of managing and implementing Lean Management (or equivalent) processes
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Masters qualified (preferably MBA)
Experience operating at Site Director level (min 3 yrs experience in this role)
Demonstrated leadership capabilities
Broad business understanding and experience
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management in a culturally diverse, international environment
Must possess Change management skills and drive continuous improvement
Proven track record of identifying and delivering goals and providing coordination of efforts for various cross-functional business units to reach successful implementation of domestic and global projects (R&D, PDD, Commercial, etc.)
Demonstrable ability to influence upwards and to set strategic plans and direction for change programs and then foster collaboration at all levels to deliver the targets.
Leadership strengths and the ability to translate vision into action plans and then be accountable to deliver the plan.
Closing date for applications is Friday February 8.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.