BUILDING & KITCHEN SERVICE TECHNICIAN
POSITION REPORT TO: Human Resources Manager
POSITION LOCATION: Restaurant Support Center, New Albany, Ohio
Statement of Purpose:
The Building and Kitchen Service Technician is responsible for maintaining efficiency through providing assistance to the Restaurant Support Center. This position requires maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation conditions of the kitchen and the Restaurant Support center office. Other responsibilities include assisting in food preparation, product deliveries, and mailroom duties.
- Performs daily operational tasks which include but are not limited to washing, organizing and storage of small wares in the Test Kitchen.
- Collects and unloads product deliveries for the Test Kitchen and Restaurant Support Center.
- Organization and maintenance of the Test Kitchen, including maintenance of kitchen equipment and all storage locations.
- Filter and discard oil in fryers as needed.
- Supports the Director of Research and Development for food demonstrations as needed. Prepping food product as needed.
- Follows recipes to prepare and prep foods according to proper preparation methods. This involves cutting, chopping, measuring and weighing food products.
- Practices safe food handling and clean up at all times. Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls, oven, and refrigeration equipment.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning tasks.
- Maintains that chemicals are stored and used properly.
- Maintains cleanliness of office support center by collecting and disposing of trash, dusting and sanitizing surface areas. Vacuums, sweeps and mops floors.
- Follows all food safety, OSHA, and government regulations as required by law.
- Assists with other job duties as needed.
- Ability to carry out detailed verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work and complete tasks independently.
- Strong working knowledge of knife handling skills and the use of measuring instruments.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Previous kitchen and cleaning experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb and balance; and taste and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday