GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB:
The Assistant Communications Director works with the Director of the Office of Communications in the creation and implementation of a strategic, multi-faceted communications program designed to build and strengthen the organization’s role and reputation as a leader in managed care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Director in the development and management of annual strategic communications plans to support the organization’s mission, goals and objectives.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization to stay informed and abreast of new initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to support organizational initiatives and develop communications materials to promote/publicize activities.
- Aid in the development, implementation and management of external communications efforts.
- Foster relationships with media, community stakeholders and other organizations.
- Respond to media requests for information and facilitate interviews with organization spokespeople.
- Oversee development of news releases, fact sheets, talking points and other publicity materials.
- Serve as editor for communications materials, including news releases, online content, communication bulletins and annual reports.
- Coordinate the organization’s support of special activities, including sponsorships and strategic partnerships.
- In collaboration with other department leaders, identify opportunities for strategic community engagement to increase brand awareness and equity among stakeholders.
- Launch strategic community engagement initiatives, and identify and designate internal content experts and personnel for participation in promotional activities.
- Support Director in crisis communication management, including drafting press releases, scripts and/or statements and monitoring media outlets.
QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALING REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field. Minimum of four years’ experience in communications, public relations or comparable role; experience in healthcare is plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position must have the ability to establish appropriate and respectful relationships/partnerships with organizational personnel. Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team approach. Ability to assume a helping role and to intervene appropriately to meet the needs of providers, consumers or families served. Works within the established ethical guidelines developed for the profession.
KNOWLEDGE OF JOB:
- Demonstrated experience with writing and editing, specifically analytical and creative experience necessary to address targeted messages to a variety of audiences, utilizing different channels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interviewing and gathering information from sources at all levels in the organization, compiling information and editing
- Ability to relate to and work with a variety of stakeholders across teams as well as work effectively independently
- Strong organizational skills with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must know and understand basic features of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in graphic design with Adobe Creative Suite preferred*
- Experience with SharePoint preferred*
SALARY: Grade/Step is determined by qualification and experience of candidate. Position is full-time salary with comprehensive benefits. This position is exempt from overtime compensation.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $54,820.00 to $67,719.00 /year
- communications and public relations: 4 years (Required)