Grade: Individual Contributor
Reports To: Regional Operations Supervisor
Function: The purpose of the Administrative Assistant is to provide operational services to facilitate the equipment control, billing and customer service functions on a timely, accurate and effective basis for equipment and customers in a designated geographical region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide professional, responsive customer service to local and international customer requests for equipment or information.
· Process customer requests for pick up or drop off of equipment in accordance with operational procedures and business terms.
· Coordinate equipment control and damage approval activities with storage and repair depot vendors in accordance with technical and operational procedures.
· Follow up with customers and depots to ensure equipment is moving through the maintenance and repair cycle on a timely basis.
· Update container damage status in central computer system. Resolve discrepancies between EDI activity sent electronically by depot vendors and the system status.
· Reconcile vendor invoices and purchase orders for depot, survey and drayage expenses.
· Process invoices for the sale of equipment and coordinate pick up with depot and buyer.
· Assist marketing with regional customer requirements in both the leasing and selling of equipment.
· Liaise with regional offices and agents and other departments to provide internal customer service and coordinate activities.
· Perform activity and inventory reconciliations on a bi-monthly basis for gate buy customers and consignment yards.
· Other projects as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
CAI International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time