Axonis Inc. is a Boston-based biotechnology company that is advancing breakthrough drug discovery in neuroregeneration. We are developing groundbreaking gene therapies for spinal cord injury, and other currently incurable neurological disorders to make a real difference for patients, their families, and global healthcare system.
Axonis Inc. brought together a collaborative, creative and determined team of world-leading experts in neuroscience and spinal cord injury, drug development and patient advocates to fulfill our vision to treat neurological disorders such as Spinal Cord Injury.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) and other neurological disorders and advancing the field of gene therapy.
Axonis Inc. is seeking an outstanding Lab technician to join its growing team. Under the supervision of a Scientist/Senior Scientist the technician will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of Spinal Cord Injury Research Projects. Our ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated individual who has clearly demonstrated a passion for translational scientific research and enthusiasm to work in a startup. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a small team on transformative cutting edge science.
- Work as part of a dynamic team to develop small molecule and AAV gene therapy viral vectors for use in preclinical models of Spinal Cord Injury
- Working with rodents including handling (rats), dosing, surgical procedures, tissue collection, observation and scoring of functional and behavioral assays.
- Cryo-sectioning and Immunohistochemistry.
- in vitro and in vivo experiments using Molecular and Cellular Biology techniques, such as Cloning, qPCR, Western Blot,
- Following experimental protocols and maintaining detailed and accurate records
- Analyzing data, interpreting and communicating results
- Lab management: Maintain cleanliness, safety standards, organization and general lab duties
- BS or MS in Neuroscience or Cell/Molecular biology or related discipline with 2-5 years of relevant industry or academic experience.
- Enthusiastic about contributing to the advancement of a startup. The ability and strong desire to "do what it takes to make things happen" and self-starter attitude.
- Strong rodent animal (especially rats) handling skills is required. Spinal Cord Injury surgeries and rodent injections experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques especially cryo-sectioning and immunohistochemistry is required.
- Highly skilled in executing and analyzing experiments
- Demonstrated critical thinking and independence, ability to troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and develop process and/or assay improvements. Ability to quickly learn new techniques and adapt to a fast pace environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, attention to detail and careful record-keeping
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to write technical reports and protocols
- Highly self-motivated and flexibility in working schedule to accommodate weekend work if necessary
- Authorized to legally work in US
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply please send a Cover Letter and your CV.
EEOC Statement: Axonis Inc. believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. In addition, Axonis Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year