American Greetings is hiring for Full-Time salaried positions responsible for set-up and take down of fixtures. This individual will manage new store resets in customer retail locations. Manage a team of installation crew members including recruiting, hiring, training and scheduling.
Interested in applying? Copy and paste the following link into your browser to start the application!
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION TO END APPROXIMATELY 5/31/2020. Upon successful completion of the project and satisfactory performance, there may be opportunity for a permanent position.
- The Overnight Installation Supervisor will train, manage, and lead a team of up to 10 Crew Members.
- The crew is responsible for complete tear down and re-build of the Greeting Card department, including re-merchandising with new product.
- Communicates clearly with customer store management upon arrival at store, and shift completion.
- Communicates regularly with the Project Manager before, after, and during each shift, to report project status updates.
- Responsible for company vehicle, cell phone, and expense management.
- Responsible for booking hotel accommodations for crew.
- This project will require a minimum of 4x 10-hour overnight shifts per week, and some projects may require a 5th shift.
Benefits include: Competitive salary + Vacation + 401(K) + health plan. Assigned company vehicle, laptop, monthly cell phone allowance and tools for business use.
Most projects will take place within the following geographic areas: Chicago and Springfield, IL, Fort Wayne and South Bend In.
The qualified candidate will have prior successful retail merchandising experience:
- Ability to read and understand department diagrams and plan-o-grams.
- Prior construction or handyman experience is a plus.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Current valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- 1-2 years of retail and installation, fixture, warehouse and/or assembly experience.
- Supervision experience is required. Must have previous experience leading a team of at least 2 or more direct reports.
- Computer skills required, ability to read plan-o-grams. Experience with cabinet set-up. Good people skills.
- Organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with hand tools and fixture assembly
- Previous experience training and onboarding new employee
Keywords: Construction, General Labor, Handyman, Assembly, Retail
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Job Type: Temporary