As a leading cosmetic manufacturer; brands of LA GIRL and LA COLORS Cosmetics, located in Ontario, California - Beauty 21 Cosmetics, Inc. has an opening for a Category Analyst.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing actionable analysis of internal and external data sources from our national retailers that will contribute to our category and brand strategy growth.
This person is responsible for mining data from Nielsen, IRI, and internal POS reports to identify and quantify business expansion opportunities, providing reports to customer and internally as well as providing guidance and recommendations with the Replenishment/ Inventory Dept.
- Analyze syndicated sales data ( Nielsen, IRI, and internal POS) and suggests ways to prove or develop business.
- Identify, measure, and quantify our brands and competitors trends and opportunities. Includes creating and maintaining weekly/monthly reporting vehicles.
- Utilize analysis to present strategic insights to internal teams to support selling initiatives, replenishment objectives, volume forecasting, pricing plans, and assortment recommendations.
- Provide team with account specific analysis & action plans that drive retailer & company priorities.
- Contribute to innovation/new distribution sell-in for key customers by presenting consumer/category analysis and store/club level optimization recommendations.
- Analyze & present post-promotion analysis, quantifying impact to brand and category
- Monitor syndicated sales data and suggest strategies and tactics to make necessary adjustments to our customer plans.
- Monitor brand and SKU performance in key retailer specific data to quantify impact of regional and store level performance and trends. Provide team with actionable updates based on observations.
- Validate the accuracy of planned volume forecasts by incorporating business intelligence and information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, supply chain, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources (i.e. Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data).
- Monitor retailer trends and identify opportunities to improve in stock positions at key retailers.
- Generate ad hoc reporting for key customers for Sales Leadership, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and other internal teams and requests.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- IRI and Nielsen experience a PLUS.
- Experience in CPG trade.
- 2-5 years experience in analyzing and interpreting data and delivering actionable insights with strategic thinking.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, time-sensitive projects.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and with various levels within organization.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to influence internal leadership to deliver goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to link strategies and objectives to develop an action plan.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate complex data in a clear storyline to all levels of the organization
- Strong planning/organizing skills: capable of managing several major projects simultaneously
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint) and market research data tools (Nielsen/IRI)
Excellent Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Holiday, Sick & Vacation Pay, and Company Matched 401K.
Please submit both your resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- category analyst: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)