Marketing & Communications
The Media Relations Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining a positive image and reputation for Phoenix Children's. You will be chiefly in charge of defining and executing media opportunities and external communications as they relate back to the Hospital's marketing and communications strategies. To be successful in this role, you will need excellent writing skills. Previous experience conducting media-focused events like press conferences is also an advantage.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Media Relations Managment
- Monitor and research industry information and related news, identifying media opportunities to help elevate and support key messages and strategy for the organization. Answer the media phone and email inbox. Coordinate the majority of on-site media opportunities and interviews; and escorts reporters, photographers and videographers while on-site at the organization's facilities. Monitor media opportunity aggregation channels such as Help a Reporter Out (HARO) for low-hanging fruit opportunities. Identify media opportunities at industry conferences and community events, etc.
- Relationship Management
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters and news contacts, follow news outlets on social media, and engage with related media content from key media targets. Also maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including experts/spokespersons inside the organization, community leaders and influencers, elected officials, community organizations and agencies, etc.
- Messaging & Content Development
- Develop communications briefing documents outlining communications strategies for each campaign or project. Create messaging and announcements for the organization including press releases, talking points for executives, fact sheets, FAQs, media pitches, award submissions and more. Prepare spokespersons with media prep sheet and briefing documents prior to each interview opportunity.
- Research, Monitoring & Reporting
- Monitor all news mentioning the organization and related industry peers, track articles scheduled to post, and look for corresponding industry newsletters and columns for related content. Report on all coverage the organization receives to internal stakeholders. Identify new award and recognition opportunities.
- Event Management
- Plan announcement events and in-person events to invite media and key stakeholders to. Help prepare for conferences by developing briefing books, messaging, panel discussion talking points and more.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.