Workday System Administrator
The System Administrator is responsible for Workday’s implementation and when it is in Production. Daily responsibilities include providing tier 1 support to the client organization. Other key responsibilities include analyzing Workday updates to assess the impact to the Client Workday footprint, optimization and improvement. Working closely with the Workday team to diagnose, analyze and resolve system and network performance issues.
The position would be working out of a Queens location.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the implementation of Workday, which includes conversion from the Lawson System to Workday
- Assists in determining organizational needs for system implementation and upgrades
- Support maintenance of Workday configuration, including setup and functional configuration
- Work closely with business team members in supporting all Workday technical functions to facilitate effective business solutions and provide knowledge transfer of system functionality to Business Process Managers, Super Users, Subject Matter Experts, and end users.
- Work closely with developers, both internal and external, to define programming requirements and test programming solutions.
- Develop technical expertise in various Workday technologies, including but not limited to, system performance, environmental and architectural troubleshooting
- Provide the Project Manager with status updates and keep them apprised of overall project status.
- Responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and determine solutions and/or workarounds for technical issues
- Review software updates and releases and assist with testing as required.
- Support upgrades, interfaces to other core business systems, interfaces to external systems, and helping to define and support IT processes.
- Ensure all configuration updates follow proper procedures and workflow in order to comply with internal audit requirements
- Work closely with end users to prioritize and manage completion of support tickets. Track and report support metrics.
- Leverage business knowledge to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Modify, test, and validate system configuration. Prepare detailed functional specifications for development activities including workflow, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms.
- Assist in resolving user how-to questions, and develop training documentation as necessary to minimize re-occurrences of user error
- Log, route and manage support requests in ticket tracking system
- Configure and administer security in compliance with policies and procedures
- Accountable for the maintenance of system security.
- Document and control all changes made to productions systems via change control process.
- Develop automation scripts and programs to remove manual system configuration
- Manages the system configuration, data audits and corrections, and introduction of new functionality of the Workday system
- Bachelor Degree in one of the following Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Mathematics
- Minimum one life-cycle implementation of Workday, including workflow development and integrations with external benefit providers.
- 3+ years of experience providing technical support , Workday experience a+
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Deep technical understanding of software, hardware, networking, Internet and are capable of taking a holistic view of complex systems
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Proven communication skills, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, mature and positive attitude
- Ability to perform in fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Please send resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- technical support on Workday: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative