We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DIRECTOR, YOUTH BASKETBALL DEVELOPMENT
VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING, DENVER NUGGETS
JANUARY 8, 2019
The Director, Youth Basketball Development will be a critical member of the Nuggets marketing team. This role is responsible for leading the development, planning, and execution of the Nuggets’ youth basketball strategy. This position will be the liaison to the Colorado grassroots youth basketball community and will manage, grow, and oversee the Jr. Nuggets program. A major priority for this role is to position the Nuggets as the premier destination for basketball of all ages.
MINIMUM POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead development and execution of the Jr. Nuggets programming and grassroots event platforms, which include: Jr. Nuggets camps, clinics, tournaments, skills challenges, combines, coach’s clinics, and character development programming.
Develop new programming with key marketing and community partners designed to support and improve the youth basketball experience for kids, coaches, and parents.
Oversee Nuggets Youth Basketball department responsible for operations, managing budgets, staffing, project planning, and other key duties associated with Jr. Nuggets programs and events.
Monitor and ensure quality control for all Jr. Nuggets operations.
Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth, and lead measurement and reporting of key youth basketball metrics, including: growth of the Jr. Nuggets program, increased awareness, and improved and expanded connections between the local basketball community and the Denver Nuggets.
Help grow the Nuggets youth basketball network through new expanded relationships with large youth basketball organizations and facilities.
Identify areas where Nugget basketball can drive positive change in youth basketball by establishing standards, creating appropriate incentives, and partnering with leading organizations, including: Jr. NBA and USA Basketball.
Support existing efforts and drive new initiatives designed to positively shape youth basketball environment.
Support and drive development of Nuggets youth basketball content and curriculum, including instructional resources for coaches and players.
REQUIRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- 7-10 years’ experience managing youth initiatives.
- Extensive ties to youth basketball and the Colorado basketball community.
- Substantial experience, including: project management, youth camps and clinics, event management, and marketing, with a track record of leading large-scale grassroots and/or community activations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, exercise flexibility, and demonstrate sound professional judgement.
- Extensive experience and relationships in grassroots sports.
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and persuasively (both verbally and in written form).
- Experience managing program budgets.
- Ability to mentor and lead employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent at building and maintaining professional relationships.
- Demonstrated capacity to think creatively and take appropriate risks.
- Experience working cross-functionally with ticketing, sponsorship, creative, and content teams.