VP, Accounting, reports to CFO: No Relocation Currently Offered
- 401k w/generous company match
- Life/Short-Term and Long-Term Disability- No Contribution
This position also has the potential for upward mobility to the next level in the organization.
Prepare accounting, and recordkeeping activities of the credit union to ensure they meet generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) and National Credit Union Association regulations. Assist in the preparation of budgets and income forecasts. Manage the activities of and supervise the hourly Accounting and Plastic Card departments.
Maintain an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the credit union. Member of the ALCO and Strategic Pricing Committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business or equivalent work experience in a financial institution
- CPA and/or MBA
- Good credit record; no criminal history
- Must be bondable
- Strong analytical as well as organizational skills along with excellent oral and written communication ability
Excellent computer skills, particularly relating to spreadsheets
- Prepare the monthly GAAP Financial Statements. Review the monthly reconciliations of the subsidiary ledger of AP, AR, investments, fixed assets, accrued expenses and FHLB Advances and payroll to the general ledger.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate policies and procedures for the Accounting and Plastic Card Departments as requested.
- Maintain the Chart of Accounts and the general ledger system.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and periodic analyses of budget variance.
- Prepare the Quarterly Call Report (5300) and update and maintain procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of the Quarterly ALM Report and “What if Analysis.”
- Assist in performing pre-purchase analysis of investments including CD’s and municipal bonds.
- Calculate monthly financial ratios and analysis as directed.
- Prepare the monthly Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss report.
- Provide Vendor Due Diligence as required.
- Prepare financial analysis of non-fixed income (common stock) investments.
- Prepare Sales Tax Reports
- Prepare the Federal 945 Withholding payments
- Prepare the CD Report and analysis for the Strategic Pricing Committe.
- Assist in updating the credit union’s insurance data.
- Prepare the quarterly FHLB of Cincinnati Collateral Certification Report
- Assist with cost control activities as directed by the CFO.
- Prepare Branch Profitability analysis as requested.
- Manage and supervise the daily activities of the hourly Accounting and Plastic Card departments including clerical support staff ensuring that credit union objectives are being met. Ensure there is adequate staffing and workflow for efficient department operations.
- Promote a highly motivated, well-trained staff while maintaining effective employee relations.
- Prepare Federal Reserve 2900 and 2910 Forms.
- Coordinate the documents required for the External audit.
- Coordinate the documents required for NCUA Examination.
- Prepare monthly RollForwards: ALLL, Fixed Assets, and Investments.
- Prepare Board Reports
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)