Work one on one with a kind-hearted and polite 84-year-old man living at home with his wife. This private duty homecare job has amazing views of Newport harbor, great pay, and a flexible schedule!
The Schofield household is looking for a CNA, LPN, RN, OTA, PTA or other qualified individual to provide private senior caregiving for a man with a history of stroke who is in the late stages of Vascular Dementia. He is wheel-chair dependent and requires maximum assistance in all ADLs.
At least 1 year of relevant caregiving experience required. Experience with a Hoyer lift, and previous work with persons that have physical disabilities is needed for this job.
- Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend and reach with full range of motion.
- Knowledge of and good adherence to infection control practices.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Ability to speak fluent English
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently with assistance as needed.
Shifts are 12 hours:
7am -7pm for the day
7pm-7am for overnight (with some occasional exceptions)
Job Type: Part time, Full time, as needed. Ability to work overnights and weekends a plus!
Pay: Based on experience $20-$30 an hour
Qualifications: 1 year experience working with adults with physical disabilities and/or seniors. CNA, HHA, LPN, RN, OTA, or PTA preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Covid-19 vaccination required
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location