Geographic Information Services, Inc. (GISinc) is a small business whose core purpose is to create insight through spatial technology. This is an opportunity to work with one of the leading GIS consulting organizations. We are looking for technical people that want to tackle those tough to solve problems and love delivering solutions. If you have exceptional talent and interpersonal skills and meet the following description, please submit a detailed CV that outlines the experience and requirements.
Candidates must be eligible for DOI clearance (NCHC) and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
GIS Technician - Terrestrial Assessment, Inventory, Monitoring (AIM)
This role will work with a dedicated onsite team to support and achieve the goals of GISinc's client in Denver, CO.
- Processes and maintains photos, sample design implementation data, and field data related to rangeland monitoring.
- Supports implementation of sampling designs for rangeland monitoring.
- Organizes data and performs data management with database software, GIS (geographic information systems), and statistical software.
- Supports dissemination of information about the AIM program through the creation of supplemental materials such as maps, reports, diagrams, charts, etc.
- Assists the national terrestrial ecologists within AIM by preparing and cleaning data products.
- Attends regular meetings to review work progress and schedule as well as meetings which pertain to the supported program/projects listed above (i.e., AIM, etc.)
- Assists with the use of vegetative and soils monitoring data of upland systems to inform determination of condition.
- Provide technical assistance to end users accessing and using geospatial tools.
- Effectively communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical partners and user base.
- Help enforce national naming convention of ArcGIS Server GIS Services, filename, and folder
- Submits weekly report which summarizes finished and ongoing tasks.
- Supports AIM team by assisting with Aquatic AIM data as needed.
- Performs other data related duties as needed.
- Candidates must be eligible for federal security clearance (DOI) and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Professional experience of more than 4 years with ESRI's ArcGIS Desktop software.
- Experience working with vegetative and soils monitoring data of upland systems to inform determination of condition.
- Professional experience of more than 2 years implementing field-based natural resources monitoring programs.
- At least 2 years' experience with the implementation of a large-scale vegetative monitoring program.
- Knowledge of monitoring data management both in the field and in the office.
- Ability to manage complex projects, including project management skills, skills in sequencing tasks, skill in organizing and facilitating manager and technical work groups.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to lay persons and resource specialists alike.
- Experience in developing written technical documentation (such as reports, training materials, white papers, etc.).
Competencies and Skills:
- Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating at least 1 year experience using ArcGIS Desktop 10.4 or higher.
- Preference will be shown to candidates who can demonstrate experience programming in R and/or Python.
- Preference will be show to candidates who have experience collecting and managing AIM data or AIM-like data.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with a wide range of people.
- Comfortable working in high paced environment.
- Able to translate technical concepts into layman's terms.
- Able to coordinate with program stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and ability to multi-task.
- Onsite at the BLM National Operations Center (NOC), Denver Federal Center, Lakewood, CO.
- Travel up to 20% of the time
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.