KHS&S Contractors, one of the nations leading specialty subcontractors is seeking an experienced safety professional to establish, manage and administer safety and risk management programs, training, and management controls in assigned region.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years experience in construction safety, have CHST designation and have knowledge of federal and state OSHA regulations.
Job duties include:
- Implement, monitor and update Company’s Corporate Safety Policies.
- Monitor construction activities to ensure compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction industry standards as well as client’s safety program.
- Conducts pre-operational risk assessments on new sites. Design, propose and implement risk mitigation measures within the region.
- Proactively identify conditions or actions that may cause injury, illness or property damage and ensure implementation.
- Coach all regional personnel to improve safety conditions and performance.
- Ensures that within the region; operation employees, contractors, site visitors, etc. receive safety onboarding.
- Review, prepare and conduct an analysis of leading and lagging indicators to drive safety improvement.
- Develop, update and implement of emergency procedures.
- Act as the local area Company representative for OSHA, EPA and other state and federal regulatory agencies and address any issues that may arise.
- Conduct accident, incident & near miss investigations as they arise in the field. Review and analyze to prepare lessons learned to be shared throughout region and Company. Implement any change procedures as necessary.
- Support return to work programs.
- Coordinate with Risk Management team members on workers’ compensation claims.
- Provide training and coaching to local safety staff to ensure technical competence and leadership development across region.
- Coordinate and deliver training as required.
- Conduct and/or schedule resources to conduct specific classes in Safety training (i.e., scissor lift, scaffold use, fall protection, etc.) to provide employees with the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize hazards to perform their job safely and effectively.
KHS&S offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings account, tuition reimbursement, vacation/sick pay, paid holidays, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and employee development opportunities. KHS&S Contractors is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety: 5 years (Required)
- Las Vegas, NV (Preferred)