Full Job Description
Compensation & Benefits Analyst
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Human Resources Omeros Team!
In this role you will oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company compensation and benefits programs, providing support and direction to Human Resources and the Business.
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market as well as orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
The company’s drug product OMIDRIA® (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1% / 0.3% is marketed in the U.S. for use during cataract surgery or intraocular lens (IOL) replacement to maintain pupil size by preventing intraoperative miosis (pupil constriction) and to reduce postoperative ocular pain. In the European Union, the European Commission has approved OMIDRIA for use in cataract surgery and other IOL replacement procedures to maintain mydriasis (pupil dilation), prevent miosis (pupil constriction), and to reduce postoperative eye pain.
Omeros has multiple Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on: complement-associated thrombotic microangiopathies; complement-mediated glomerulonephropathies; Huntington’s disease and cognitive impairment; and addictive and compulsive disorders. In addition, Omeros has a diverse group of preclinical programs and a proprietary G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and corresponding compounds, a
What are your job responsibilities?
- Develop and administer compensation policies and programs
- Lead the review cycles of compensation programs including design, administration, distribution, communication, and training
- Prepare compensation analyses and reporting for HR, Management and Executives
- Manage and administer the salary structure, including slotting new positions and updating salary and stock ranges, etc.
- Partnering with management and peers, development and implementation of career ladders
- Conduct analyses of positions, base salaries and incentives to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness and legal compliance of Omeros’s pay practices; determine appropriate market rates for jobs
- Manage job matching and data submission processes for compensation surveys; analyze and utilize survey data results
- Evaluate new positions, promotions, and reclassifications and recommend compensation elements for positions, including base and incentive pay, market range and placement within our salary grade/band structure
- Research and monitor FLSA and EEOC compliance; evaluate and administer overall job levels, pay grades and market ranges company-wide
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Responsible for leading the company healthcare plans including the annual benefit insurance renewal process, communication, enrollment, general administration, and COBRA compliance
- Administer disability insurance policy and process disability claim applications for employees
- Administer the company FSA, HAS, etc. insurance programs
- Administer all leave-related programs (FMLA, Washington state paid family leave, medical leaves, etc.)
- the annual healthcare open enrollment, be available to answer employee questions and provide “help desk” response
- Responsible for auditing and approving benefit invoices resolving any billing/payment discrepancies as needed with the HRIS Administrator
- Complete benefit surveys, analyzing and utilizing survey data results
- Complete tax returns and audits as required
- 401K Plan administration including plan communication, enrollment, administration, testing, data, and reporting requirements of third-party administrator
- Work with 401(k) Trustees on investment planning committee to monitor plan performance; communicate employee feedback regarding investment options
- Schedule committee meetings with third party administrator
- Create annual 401(k) education plans with company retirement plan advisor and schedule all education meetings for employees
- Keep fiduciary file for the plan up to date with most current plan documents and meeting notes
- Interface with Payroll on 401k changes made by employees
- Coordinate all federal, state and local compliance, filings, reports, external audits, tax returns etc. related to the administration of employee benefits
What education and experience do you need?
- BS degree and five plus years of experience in administering benefit and compensation programs
- Knowledgeable in a variety of benefit programs and compensation theories
- Up-to-date on compliance, benefits and compensation best practices, payroll, and benefits systems
- Demonstrated ability to manage work flow and organize records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated professional demeanor
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- Intermediate/strong Microsoft Office suite, ADP and Oracle experience preferred
- International experience a plus
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with --management, peers, and subordinates as well as external vendors
- Ability to be proactive and work independently as well as within a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail orientation
Physical Demands Required:
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting to 25lbs.
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to hr @omeros.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000.
Job Type: Full-time
- Compensation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan