Our client is a very well-established and constantly growing national GC with over 3 decades of experience specializing in general contracting, construction management, design-build, and self-performing interior trades services. Their portfolio of work is incredibly diverse and includes multi-family, hospitality, industrial, healthcare, retail, mixed-use, education, sports, entertainment, corporate office and more.
Although they are now a large name in the industry, they are still privately held and have always embodied the family owned and operated culture which is one of the main reasons why they maintain incredible tenure among their very talented and amazing to work with team.
Current they are looking for a Lead Superintendent who will be responsible with the oversight of the on-site management team, planning, coordinating and execution of the work, adhering to regulatory compliance, enforcing the construction schedule, and bringing the project to completion within budget. The successful candidate will have hotel, high-rise, post-tension, high profile and public safety included on project list.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Have a good working knowledge of all project documents, including specifications, plans, submittals, subcontracts, shop drawings, and any other project specific documents
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategies for organizing all scopes, people, material, tools and equipment to manage the project successfully
- Plan, direct, manage, oversee, and document all daily activities on the project site
- Proficiency in electrical, mechanical, and structural systems
- Implement, manage, and maintain a worker orientation program for all new workers on the project
- Implement and enforce the company's safety policies, site specific safety programs, and promote a safety culture on the jobsite at all times
- Implement, maintain, update, and communicate the project schedule
- Implement, maintain, and enforce the company's quality control plan
- Coordinate all required field inspections and maintain the inspection log
- Perform, upload, and maintain all company documentation requirements including, but not limited to, daily job reports, daily photographs, daily manpower reports, JHA's, tool box talks, progress plans, labor reports, etc.
- Conduct weekly coordination meetings, generate minutes, and distribute the minutes
- Manage the project budget by monitoring, managing, and controlling the general condition costs working in partnership with the project manager
- Ensure that all required insurances, workers compensation, and certificates are met before work commences.
Personal / Professional Relationships:
- Represent the company and yourself with a positive professional attitude at all times
- Must be able to work in harmony with all parties involved in the project
- Actively promote the company's growth and develop program to aide in the mutual benefit of the company's success and the employee's long term career with the company
- Mentor assistant superintendents to aide in their development into becoming future superintendents
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate with the project team, project owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors to achieve positive results
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors
Education / Experience:
- Preferred four (4) year degree in a construction-related curriculum or equivalent field experience
- Multiple years of field management experience in the commercial construction industry
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to manage and direct on-site project teams to successful completions.
What is in it for you?
Our client offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401K, training and development, opportunity for advancement and corporate support for field operations not to mention tremendous stability and a very enjoyable work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 to $200,000.00 /year
- Field Construction Management: 5 years