Lion Federal, a cutting-edge information technology consulting firm, is located right outside our nation’s capital and provides talented resources to the U.S. Federal government. We believe in taking care of our most precious assets, our people!
We provide a performance-based compensation plan along with great additional benefits. They include: Paid time-off; 10 paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; Comprehensive Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by the company); Telecommuting (selected positions); Direct deposit; and tuition reimbursement.
Bigger isn’t always better! Working at Lion Federal will give you all the perks of a big employer in addition to advantages not found at larger institutions:
- Build strong relationships with all levels of employees – you have direct access to the boss and there are less of them.
- Faster response time – without all the red tape, you can get answers more quickly.
- You are not a number – you get a sense of ownership because you can voice ideas an opinion and have them heard. LF makes decisions with you in mind
- More nimble and flexible – there are not too many layers of management to slow down your ideas, suggestion and recommendations. There is a greater opportunity to react quickly to customer needs and stand out from the crowd.
- Learn multiple skills and be closer to the mission – You can wear many hats and have a direct impact on the company’s drive and direction. You are on the front line and a critical piece of the company’s success.
active TS/SCI clearance with Full-scope poly – no exceptions
The Infrastructure Team Member will be responsible for the implementation, support and maintenance of all aspects of the project’s Apache NiFi infrastructure. The NiFi infrastructure operates on Linux VMs in a VMware environment, and it interfaces with dozens of other data storage systems, services, and endpoints. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Design and building data flows in Apache NiFi (including data movement, tagging, routing, and some transformation/conversion.)
- Recurring operations and maintenance activities (monitor health of exiting NiFi flows and troubleshoot NiFi operations and interfaces.)
- Assisting multiple development teams with creating new dataflows, running exiting flows to improve performance, integrating with external web services and APIs, and developing supportable systems through automation and notifications.
- Project based development, implementation, and documentation of NiFi systems and capabilities (Security enhancements, Resource Monitoring and Notification, Dev/Ops Automation, Clusting, etc.)
- Participating in and conducting applicable accreditation support (scans, automation, auditing, etc.) of NiFi on Linux systems.
- Providing general Linux system administration guidance and support to multiple development teams.
The successful candidate must be able to work well both in a team setting and individually on project-based tasks and have direct experience in the following:
- Prior experience with Apache NiFi, NiFi data flow design, and NiFi clustering
- Working knowledge of common data formats, languages, and transforms such as XML, XPATH, XSLT, JSON, JPATH, AVRO, CSV, and HTML
- Working knowledge of regular expressions (e.g. Java RegEx or perl), data queueing protocols (e.g. Kafka, MQueue), Amazon Web Services (SQS, SNS, S3), and NiFi Expression Language
- Prior experience in securing data transmission with PKI certificates including requesting, signing, installing, and renewing certificates for applications and operating systems using Java Keytool and/or OpenSSH.
- Strong documentation skills using common collaboration/wiki tools such as Confluence and drawing tools such as Visio.
- Prior experience as a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator of Linux, preferably RHEL/CentOS (installation, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting)
- Prior experience with one or more scripting tools: Shell, Perl/CGI, Python, Ruby
- Prior experience with SQL querying of a relational database, such as MySQL
- Managing and monitoring Linux server resources in a VMWare/VSphere environment
- Prior experience setting up Docker clusters using Swarm and or Kubernetes
- Prior experience with git for Infrastructure code management
- Prior experience with Centrify and Active Directory integration and management of Linux groups, accounts and servers
We provide a performance-based compensation plan along with great additional benefits. They include: Commission, Paid time-off; 10 paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; Comprehensive Health, dental and vision insurance (100% paid by the company); Telecommuting (selected positions); Direct deposit; and tuition reimbursement.