The Maintenance Technician provides maintenance skills as a resource for the maintenance function to ensure effective equipment operation. Performs inspections and preventive maintenance, emergency and other maintenance/mechanical repair of bakery equipment to ensure safe operational status
- Preventive maintenance on facility equipment
- Assist in inspection and upkeep of machinery and equipment
- Repair/replace parts on motors, pumps, mixers, conveyor lines, coolers, etc.
- Inspect/replace belts, hoses and pipes as needed
- Responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and timely repair.
- Complete work orders on equipment
- Ensure equipment in area is maintained, guarded and operated in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures
- Understand levels of line downtime and waste caused by equipment issues and associated points of cause
- Proactively identify improvement focus areas
- Participate in root cause problem solving by team
- Identify potential cost savings and cost avoidance
- Understand levels of line downtime caused by equipment issues and associated points of cause.
- Encourage all associates to work in a safe manner and in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures
- Works with outside contractors as necessary to safely perform job to company specifications.
- Works on special projects assigned by Supervisor or Plant Engineer
- HS Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of experience in maintenance field; combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Flexibility to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime as scheduled
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting knowledge.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds to move objects
- Ability to work off ground level with proper safety equipment
- Ability to work in a non-air-conditioned environment.
- Technical degree
- 3-5 industrial maintenance experience;
- Welding, machining, metal fabrication, HVAC, plumbing
- Experience in a bakery maintenance department
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $26.00 /hour
- Maintenance Technician: 5 years (Preferred)
- Mechanical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Electrcial: 3 years (Preferred)
- PLC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Preferred)