The Sales Specialist is a staff member of the Agency and not an employee of American Family Insurance.
The Sales Specialist role markets, prospects, and sells American Family Insurance products in a specialized product line. Maintains effective customer relationships, understands customer's needs and matches them with appropriate product and service offerings. Promotes brand awareness through participation in agency and community events.
The Farm/Ranch Lines Sales Specialist is responsible for attaining sales, profitability and service goals for agriculture product lines.
- Develops knowledge of the local agriculture industry and market dynamics for business development opportunities
- Helps the Agency grow by using consultative selling techniques to sell insurance products to new customers
- Proactively cross sells and or coordinates with agency team members to provide additional coverage to existing customers
- Prospects for new business through leads, telephone calls, networking events, trade shows and personal contacts (Includes leads through COI, social media, B2B and B2C networks, and sales lead groups)
- Secures new business through individual effort and established lead methods
- Prepares quotations and applications and delivers effective presentations in order to close sales
- Complies with underwriting guidelines and contacts appropriate division for underwriting guidance when needed
- Conducts sales and review appointments with prospective and current customers
- Meets and exceeds sales goals
Company and Brand Promotion
- Develops, maintains and cultivates agricultural industry contacts to enhance agency visibility and maximize new business opportunities
- Participates in events designed to promote brand awareness and educate consumers
- Retains existing customers by providing industry leading customer experiences
- Ensures completion of requested account and policy updates and changes
- Coordinates the involvement of appropriate agency and or business partners when necessary to resolve customer issues
Knowledge and Skill Development
- Continually improves knowledge in are or field of specialization, insurance industry, products, underwriting requirements, sale, customer service and supporting technology*
- Participates in continuing education and professional designation programs*
- Required by state statutes to have proper insurance licensing to sell, solicit or negotiate insurance products. The following lines of authority are required for this position: Property; and Casualty;
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to work independently to plan, set priorities and organize work
- Active involvement in the local community
- Demonstrated sales and customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience with PC software applications (Microsoft Office Suites, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Experience using a wide range of digital devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptop computers
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of insurance concepts and principles
- Demonstrated effective agricultural insurance industry prospecting and sales experience
- Non-typical schedules (evenings or weekends) may be necessary on occasion
- General office setting
Note: The information contained in this role profile is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, skills and knowledge needed to perform in this role. Please note that functions and work schedules are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon business need.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship