Junior Software Engineer, Boulder, CO – not available for remote employment
Your Impact at Ascend Analytics
We are seeking entry level new-grad candidates to join in the position of Junior Software Engineer at Ascend Analytics. You will be part of a collaborative team that advances software solutions to support mission-critical decision analytics. You will participate in the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and teamwork skills. This position start date will correspond with Winter (around December) or Spring (Around July) graduating classes.
Ascend Analytics is an innovative “climate tech” software and consulting company focused on energy analytics that are transforming the electric grid. Ascend's solutions provide the analytics to support critical power supply decisions from operating strategies, for short and long-term investment and resource planning decisions. For more information, visit www.ascendanalytics.com.
- Write clean, scalable, production code
- Develop and automate test and deployment scripts
- Refactor code for improved performance and scalability
- Integrate and generalize prototype mathematical models within production software
- Perform peer code reviews and assessments
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- This position involves working collaboratively both within your software team and outside with the front-end software engineers, mathematical modelers, and technical sales team. The software development team follows an agile scrum process, and all team members are expected to contribute to technical design reviews, implementation strategies, and sprint planning.
- Demonstrated academic or professional software coding experience in one or more programming languages (Python, .NET, Java, C++)
- Experience designing and developing RESTful web services (preferred)
- Experience working in large/unfamiliar codebases
- Familiarity or exposure to cloud computing platforms and ecosystems, e.g., Azure, AWS, and containerization, e.g., Docker
- Data Science/AI, including statistics, machine learning, or optimization
- Referential databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, or PostgreSQL
- Ability to communicate with impact and confidence, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork skills and work ethic
- Knowledge of wholesale electricity markets; interest in energy & climate issues
Compensation: $80,000 - $100,000
Negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Ascend highly values our employees and often pays above industry average.
We offer flexible work hours in a relaxed environment with opportunities for advancement and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, parental leave, dependent care spending account, and a 401k plan.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Ascend Analytics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Ascend Analytics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org