Wieland Thermal Solutions Job Description
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Quality Engineer will investigate, establish, and implement requirements for inspection and testing methods, techniques, equipment, and facilities. Determine frequency and allowable variations from specifications at various stages of manufacturing process. Work with shop supervision and engineering functions. Investigate and recommend alternatives to product designs and manufacturing functions. Reports to the Quality Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with customer and supplier claims.
- Support production with internal quality claims
- Manage the BoMs and routings in SAP
- Implement and document quality related processes
- Assist with other quality related topics
- Ensure that processes needed for the Quality System are established, implemented and maintained.
- Maintain and report on the performance of the Quality System and any need for improvement.
- Anticipates current and future issues and develops plans and actions to minimize the negative impact.
- Continuously improve customer satisfaction.
No supervisory responsibilities assigned. Exercises independent judgment regarding assigned responsibilities and consults manager in situations that would have a significant effect on business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to handle stress associated with meeting deadlines
- Able to perform mathematical calculations..
- Interpersonal skills including teamwork, listening, giving feedback, giving instructions, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to deliver results accurately and on time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Materials Science Engineering preferred).
- Three to five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with mechanical and/or production processes, quality assurance, and Lean Manufacturing experience.
- A Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred.
- Flexible, people oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Possess strong and demonstrated analytical and decision making skills that foster developing creative solutions.
- Ability to support operating goals and to execute process improvement projects, including the ability to define, develop, and document requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written. Ability to conduct effective meetings and make effective presentations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Production and office environment with daily administrative duties.
- Involves periods of sitting at desk and computer, standing, walking, and negotiating stairs, ladders, elevated catwalks and platforms in hot or cold production environment on slippery surfaces for the purpose of directing operations and evaluating situations.
- Perform lifting functions up to 50 lbs.
- Perform duties under pressure of deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Quality Engineer: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule