MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
We are seeking an Agile Coach to join our team to support our Internal Revenue Service (IRS) client located in New Carrollton MD. Our client wants our staff on site providing support at the IRS facility 3 days a week, Tuesday through Thursday but other 2 days you can work at home! The IRS facility is conveniently located directly across the street from the New Carrollton Metro station!
Employment is contingent upon contract award.
- Provide guidance to the program on adoption of agile practices for product planning, product backlog development, and backlog grooming including the definition of deep slice epics and user stories that support iterative application and data design by development teams
- Coach, mentor, and train team members and the organization
- Drive the adoption of Agile principles, practices and mindset throughout the organization
- Support multiple teams as an Enterprise Transformation Agile Coach, Team Coach, and/or Agile Trainer
- Assess an organization’s or team’s, Agile Maturity, identify impediments and provide recommendations on how to achieve higher performance
- Continually improve the use and implementation of Agile
- Work at all levels of the organization to resolve impediments and dependencies, including coaching senior leadership on working through organizational level impediments
- Provide hands on training and guidance as needed by the organization or team(s)
- Implement or support the implementation and use of Scaled Agile
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts and Sciences from an accredited college or university required
- Master’s degree or specialized experience in the technologies that meet the specific statement of work for the services to be provided may be substituted for years of experience.
- Nine (9) years of experience on a technical development team in the areas of software and application development
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible work experience with cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams, and multi-disciplinary projects of high complexity to meet strategic goals
- At least three (3) years of hands on experience as an Agile Coach supporting agile transformation and best practices
- Demonstrated experience helping teams create user stories based on business product descriptions/use cases that adhere to Agile guidelines such as INVEST criteria
- Previously created and facilitated agile training sessions or workshops
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience leading teams
- Experience with common Agile Lifecycle Management tools (JIRA, VersionOne, Rally, Rational CLM)
- Demonstrated application of the principle of Servant Leadership in working with teams
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- One or more of the following certifications: CSM (Certified Scrum Master); CSP (Certified Scrum Professional); SSM (SAFe Scrum Master); CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner); POPM (SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager); SA (SAFe Agilist); ICP (ICAgile Certified Professional)
- Hands on experience working in a Scaled Agile environment
- Experience with other lean/Agile practices such as Extreme Programming and Kanban
- Two (2) years of experience or more working with IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle (CLM) to manage Agile projects
- Advanced Agile certification such as: Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST); Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) ; Associate or Professional Certified Coach (ACC, PCC); SAFe Program Consultant (SPC); SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT)
Additional Requirements as per contract/client:
- Work is performed in a general office environment
- Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus).
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for 3 years, and be Federal Tax compliant.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelors degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of variable factors
Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems.
Work requires considerable judgment and initiative.
Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.