We’re looking for Leaders that can inspire, motivate and manage a hospitable atmosphere! The Pacific Catch family strives to attract, nurture and retain exceptional individuals who embrace and live out the company’s Core Values, Hospitality Standards and Team Member Standards in all their work activities and interactions with guests and fellow Team Members.
We strongly believe that the success of our restaurants and brand is a direct result of the quality and dedication of our people, and we are committed to offering extraordinary opportunity for personal and professional growth, a competitive package of unique and meaningful benefits and a fun and inclusive work environment where people feel cared for and valued.
Eight location in the San Francisco Bay Area. New locations opening up in 2019!!
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Your 5+ years hospitality experience including at least 3 years’ experience in management
- You’ve managed other successful, high volume restaurants or perhaps in an innovative chain
- You possess a proven track record of effectively and empathetically training, mentoring and managing hourly employees
- You have created excel spreadsheets, hospitality guidelines and training documents and impress guests/customers with your professional and prompt business correspondence
- You know your way around a P&L statement, can ask the right questions, and you are always looking for opportunities to improve sales or manage costs
- You have received positive and raving reviews from both former employers and people you’ve managed
- Degree in Hospitality, Business, Marketing, or Communication is a plus
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to 5 hours in length.
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
This is a full-time, salaried position, approximately 50 hours/week. Managers will be expected to work evenings and weekends regularly.
SKILLS AND KEY ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Strong leadership, hospitality and people management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with higher leadership, staff and guests
- Advanced knowledge of food, ingredients, wine and spirits
- Computer skills in Excel, Aloha POS, Open Table, Google Mail and calendars
- Personal and emotional stability; must serve as strong and positive role model
- Should be open to a possible transfer to another Pacific Catch location in the future (Throughout the San Francisco bay Area)
- Passionate about our protecting our oceans and environments
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MANAGER INCLUDES BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Effectively manage Pacific Catch restaurant and team members within the policies and guidelines of the company, aiming for guest satisfaction at all times
- Provide direction, leadership and mentoring to all FOH and BOH staff every shift. Administer disciplinary process of team members, including employee coaching, counseling and termination.
- Ensure fast, accurate service, and positive and polite guest relations
- Be the face of Pacific Catch: engaged with the community, introducing our food, inviting the guests in and helping them navigate ordering, making sure orders are fulfilled quickly
- Recruit hourly team members; interviewing, hiring and training new team members.
- Conduct annual performance reviews.
- Conduct inventory and cash control procedures
- Ensure that all staff stations, service areas and the dining room are set for the shift and that the tables and floor are clean. Ensuring that entire facility and service area is full/clean/abundant during service.
- Handle guest complaints/concerns with empathy, professionalism and timeliness attention
- Completion of daily, weekly and monthly operational, administrative and HR-related duties
- Review and understand P& L statements, apply knowledge to make improvements in your area of responsibility
Pacific Catch is committed to being a positive force in the communities we serve. We support local events and programs and work hard to control our environmental impact.
Ocean friendly restaurant: As a proud partner of the Surfrider Foundation, we believe and support their efforts towards the protection and enjoyment of the world’s ocean, waves and beaches.
Responsible sourcing commitment: As a member of the Seafood Watch program, we’re are committed to sourcing seafood from Environmentally Responsible Sources as defined by the Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
Joint industry efforts: Through our James Beard Smart Catch partnership we have a chance to use our sourcing program to support industry efforts to maintain healthy, sustainable food sources both for now and for future generations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Restaurant Leadership & Management: 5 years (Preferred)