EG America is an international retail company which operates 762 convenience stores in 18 states under five banners in the United States, and more than 3,600 stores across Europe. The U.S. banners are: Kwik Shop, Loaf ‘N Lug, Quik Stop, Tom Thumb, Turkey Hill Minit Markets.
We are a rapidly growing organization seeking individuals interested in career opportunities that provide room for advancement. Come grow with us as we set a new standard in the United States for retail convenience. To find out more about our company, visit: http://www.eurogarages.com/about-us/
Maintain vendor and bank relationships; develop intricate knowledge of electronic payments and financial services. Assist with management of corporate and division treasury and payment initiatives. Communicate and report weekly results to division management team. Assist in contract negotiation, analysis, and reporting of various treasury- and payment-related functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop payment strategies with short and long-term goals for the company
- Assist in contract negotiation and relationship building for third party vendors and service providers
- Provide assistance for business continuity in case of absence of the Head of Treasury and Payments or Cash Management Clerks
- Assist internal and external auditors with supplying necessary information
- Coordinate, prepare, execute and implement bids for various services.
- Prepare and analyze ad hoc reports, periodical reports and project reports for treasury and payments management and/or comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Responsible for a system of internal audit and inventory controls to ensure that methods, procedures, and programs are being used properly to provide control of expenses, accurate disbursement and accurate information.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of banking and/or payment functions and terminology
- Strong knowledge of Request for Proposals (RFP) process (writing, processing and executing bids)
- Ability to interact/lead/influence different levels of an organization
- 2 – 3 years of previous experience working in a public accounting firm, financial services center or equivalent
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially advanced Excel
- Ability to travel independently
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Previous experience in an office, banking, or electronic payments.
- Retail management experience with working knowledge of store front-end operations, bookkeeping processes and government benefit programs
- Experience interpreting regulations and contract documents
- Previous experience using Business Objects and Essbase
- Project management experience
Job Type: Full-time