STERIS is a leading provider of infection prevention and procedural products and services, focused primarily on the critical markets of healthcare, pharmaceutical and research and medical devices. Our mission is to help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe. We have 12,000 employees worldwide, with over 3,000 in Customer-facing sales and service roles. Founded as Innovative Medical Technologies in Ohio in 1985, the company was renamed STERIS in 1987. Many of the businesses that have been acquired and integrated into STERIS have much longer operating histories, notably the American Sterilizer Company founded in 1894. The STERIS Vision is inspired by our Customers' efforts to create a healthier and safer world, and guided by our legacy of leadership and innovation; we strive to be a Great Company. To STERIS, this means we will make a difference by providing world-class product and service solutions for our Customers, safe and rewarding work for our People, and superior returns for our Shareholders.
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for performing and coordinating customer service and day-to-day plan administration associated with STERIS’s domestic group benefit plans including health, life, disability, tuition reimbursement and COBRA, and Leave. Ensures data integrity and develops and runs reports to perform follow up. Performs bill payment activities and provides ad hoc administrative support for the entire benefits team. Identifies, develops and implements process improvements, including development of database applications and reporting.
What You Will Do
- Performs group benefit plan administration tasks including group benefit plan enrollments, HRIS updates, payroll refund/charge calculations and tuition reimbursement processing.
- Maintains primary responsibility for benefits help desk for active employees; researches and responds to employee inquiries and forwards or returns messages as needed.
- Ensures timely and accurate coordination with HRIS to start and stop benefit coverage for medical, dental and vision plans for active employees.
- Develops and maintains data bases to manage data flow, follow up and reconcile vendor reports and invoices ; reconciles databases.
- Processes invoices and ensures accuracy via reconcilement to enrollment and coverage level reports.
- Ensures removal from coverage of age 26 children and processes ad hoc court orders ensuring timely and accurate HRIS update.
- Performs COBRA administration including benefit processing for severance arrangements.
- Distributes applications for optional life insurance benefits and ensures accurate update of HRIS for approved amounts.
- Provides general administrative support for Benefits staff including but not limited to meeting set ups and equipment procurement.
- Serves as group benefits liaison to HR team.
- Maintains group benefits website (intranet and internet).
- Performs enrollment audits and prepares reports and summaries as requested.
- Develops and maintains complex system of company files, records and reports.
- Assist with annual open enrollment process including coordination of vendor materials to ensure timely shipping and necessary counts, meeting organization, telecommunication and website updates.
- Assists in development of employee communications and presentations, and set up of Corporate wide 401(k) financial education meetings and presentations.
- Conducts benefits orientation presentations, as needed.
- Assists with wellness program initiatives.
- Assists with Leave Administration.
What You Need to be Successful
- Minimum of an Associates degree plus 3 years of experience in benefits administration required
- Existing expertise or ability to develop a general understanding of regulatory framework governing benefits and HR including but not limited to HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, and benefits-related DOL and IRS regulations.
- Prior customer service and/or administrative experience required
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills, especially Word and Excel required
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with both internal and external vendors and customers.
- Detail oriented
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment with variety of employee levels, and manage priorities to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to follow directions, set priorities, organize, implement and administer effectively in all areas of accountability
- Demonstrated use of sound judgment and commitment to confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service, telephone skills with a commitment to detail
Offering You in Return
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn’t be where it is today without our incredible people. That’s why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.