Singleton Construction is unlike any other construction company. We break the traditional mold of our industry – and we believe it is our culture that sets us apart. Great people are at the center of our business and we demonstrate this in the people we hire, the customers we work with, and the way we operate.
We hire great people and foster a problem-solving culture that focuses on results. Our people are the driving force behind our success, so we strive to create a working environment that is truly people-centric, where the ideas and input of every person truly matters, and where your career and progression is as much a priority to us, as it is to you.
We have an opening for an experienced travelling Commercial Superintendent, with experience in grocery and refrigeration projects to join our Target Remodel Program. Our Superintendents work directly with customers, architects, city officials and our own project management teams in delivering exceptional quality, from pre-construction to turnover.
We are looking for a Working Superintendent who is experienced in a trade and will be happy to pick up tools if needed, but who also has strong leadership, communication, project administration and problem solving skills. You will need to be comfortable with frequent travel; although this position is based in the out of Tennessee, this will be a travelling role so applicants can be based anywhere in the Southeast region.
Duties will be varied but will include:
- Responsible for management of all daily construction activities at the construction site.
- Direct and coordinate operational, administrative, management, and supportive services associated with the construction site.
- Conduct inventories of materials, anticipates needs and requirements and continually coordinates with the Singleton Project Manager for uninterrupted flow of materials to maintain the work schedule.
- Have a complete understanding of the scope and schedule to convey competence and assertiveness to our customer representative upon their weekly visits.
- Read and interpret job specs and plans to ensure a quality project is completed on time and within budget.
- Permit supervision including scheduling inspections and meeting with inspectors on site.
- Follow, distribute, and update a project schedule as necessary with Client and Singleton Project Manager.
- Implement and enforce safety measures and report all safety violations to the Safety Manager and Singleton Project Manager.
- Organize and maintain tracking methods for RFI's and Change Orders
- Responsible for weekly production reports, time cards and other records to turn into the office.
- Resolve subcontractor problems in the field to minimize impact to the project.
- Maintain a strong operating relationship with the other employees, material suppliers, customer, and the general public.
- Handle all compliance, badging (access control), immigration, hazardous waste and dumpsters.
- Achieve all customer quality standards through regular site inspections and assessment of all subcontractor processes.
The ideal Construction Superintendent will have the following background skills and experience:
- +5 years of experience in a Commercial Construction working in a Superintendent role
- Previous skilled carpentry experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Prior Construction scheduling experience is a plus.
- Procore construction software experience is ideal.
- Be equally comfortable leading all scale of projects, from small tenant improvements to large remodels.
- Managing self-performed work.
- Customer service and engagement skills.
- interpersonal and leadership skills.
In return for your valuable experience, we offer a varied and competitive benefits package covering a strong base salary, medical, dental & vision insurance, short & long term disability, life insurance and a 401k plan, alongside annual bonuses. We provide our superintendents with a credit card for expenses, and we cover all hotel and travel costs.
We have a progressive and inclusive culture, and run our business through living of our core values, with regular fun activities for our team, and consistent giving back to our local community. If you are an experienced Superintendent and are looking for not just a job, but a family to be a part of for a long and rewarding career, we might just be the perfect fit!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Construction Experience: 5 years (Required)
- Construction Superintendent: 3 years (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative