WE ARE SEEKING A DYNAMIC MEMBERSHIP OUTREACH AND DATABASE MANAGER TO JOIN OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM. Are you fun and enthusiastic but also ridiculously hard working, organized (are your spreadsheets color-coded and is your music collection alphabetized) and tech savvy? Do you have the ability to work from home? If this sounds like you, we’d love to see your resume!
Working for The North American Society for Trenchless Technology (NASTT) is an exceptional opportunity for an individual who wishes to build upon their member association management expertise. This is a permanent, full time position to manage various operations and activities related to growth of our membership and supporting the trenchless industry through educational outreach. This position will serve as the main contact person for NASTT memberships and prospective clients. This position holds direct responsibility for all database and operational processes related to membership services. The manager also works with NASTT volunteer board members, regional chapter volunteers, committees and student chapters to encourage growth in overall membership numbers and enhance the membership experience.
We have a highly customized membership database based on Microsoft Dynamics. We need a leader who is comfortable working hands-on with the database and can manage our external support partners. The role works closely with our accounting contractor, Executive Director, Program Director, Marketing Manager and support staff. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Serve as membership database administrator for NASTT’s Membercast CRM (Microsoft Dynamics platform), responsible for setting policies (in consultation with the Executive Director and management team) for membership database quality control; continuously monitors and ensures data integrity; and maintains membership database manual.
- Ensure the development and implementation of data entry standards; conduct periodic reviews to identify errors and inconsistencies; take corrective action as necessary.
- Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of member database applications by consulting with users and assisting with the development of solutions, queries, reports, forms, etc.
- Function as lead staff in member database software evaluation. Work to improve the organization’s membership data processing capabilities by assisting with identification and testing of relevant new products and applications.
- Manage the member web portal driven by the database platform.
Member Records and Services
- Responsible for maintenance of accurate member records.
- Manage dues billing, dues processing and fees while interacting with multiple methods of payments and transactions.
- Provide all required membership reports for the Board of Directors, committees, regional chapters, student chapters and management staff.
- Oversee the accurate reporting of membership dues information to accounting contractor on a timely basis.
- Initiate data analysis helpful to membership development and respond to requests for statistical membership reports.
- Manage membership related correspondence and oversee the accuracy and quality of routine correspondence handled by support staff.
- Ensure that all membership forms and publications are up to date in print and on the website.
- Provide documentation, reports and support for the CEU/PDH process.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager and support staff to implement membership outreach strategy.
- Serve as administrator for Higher Logic membership community platform.
- Encourage membership growth and retention by regular recognition of members through website, e-newsletter, personal communication, member community platform and other means.
- Oversee special programs for length of membership, recruitment incentives, etc.
- Manage NASTT activities and events for the 19 NASTT Student Chapters.
- Support volunteer efforts for the 11 Regional chapters.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related area and a minimum 5 years of successful experience in database management, preferably in a non-profit membership environment.
- Experience with a sophisticated membership database system required; Microsoft Dynamics experience preferred.
- Demonstrated high proficiency with web-based tools and applications including MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Dropbox or equal and social media platforms.
- Budget management and cash receipts management experience helpful.
- Excellent leadership, oral and written communication skills and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and responsibility.
- Must be an adaptable team player willing to work in a small staff environment in which all staff handle multiple functions and do what is necessary to get the job done.
- The trenchless industry is a globalized community and cross-cultural sensitivity is a job requirement.
- Experience in customer service, direct marketing and project planning.
- Prepare quality presentations and professionally present at meetings.
- Evening and weekend work is occasionally required to meet project deadlines.
- The prospective employee is required to work remotely and maintain a professional in-home office within the United States.
- Manage special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Travel is required to support administration and event management in the United States and occasionally Canada. The ability to travel six to eight times per year is a requirement. Valid travel documents are required.
The Membership Outreach and Database Manager shall maintain a professional in-home office complete with a dedicated land-line telephone and a mobile telephone, as well as a high-speed internet connection. The in-home office may be located anywhere within the United States.
Anticipated start date
December 3, 2018 (Negotiable)
The North American Society for Trenchless Technology (NASTT), a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. NASTT is an engineering society of individuals, public organizations and private companies with strong beliefs in the practical, social and environmental benefits of trenchless technology. Founded in 1990, NASTT represents over 2,000 members throughout the United States and Canada who all promote better and more responsible ways to manage our underground infrastructure. NASTT is the owner of the annual No-Dig Show (nodigshow.com) and we support 11 Regional Chapters and 19 Student Chapters in North America. NASTT’s vision is to be the premier resource for knowledge and education in trenchless technology.
NASTT offers employees a comprehensive compensation package and the opportunity to work from a home office. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please state salary objectives with your application.
How to apply
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to Michael Willmets, NASTT Executive Director by Tuesday, October 23, 2018. Inclusion of references is strongly recommended. All personal information received by NASTT will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
Job Type: Full-time
- database and association management: 5 years (Preferred)