Lead the day to day accounting functions of a local family owned restoration company specializing in cleaning and construction. Overall functions include progress invoicing, A/R reporting, Purchase approvals and A/P reporting, job cost reviews, payroll administration, heading up collections, and maintaining all documentation. Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial data to owner and production team, propose & implement cost saving initiatives, and safeguard company assets.
Duties and responsibilities
- Job Costing; coordinate with production administrators and Project Managers to progress bill for completed work monthly, approve purchase orders for material and labor, and ensure accuracy of job cost reports.
- A/R Invoicing; Progress Invoice monthly for completed work based on scope and contract, Manage purchasing and review PO's to bill for additional labor and materials not included in original contract. Oversee communication with Insurance and Mortgage company to secure payment before work is performed.
- Payroll; Understand pay classifications to accurately track work completed and pay workforce for overtime, double time, and all categories of pay. Track PTO, reconcile benefits, address garnishments and unemployment, and maintain paperwork for materially interested parties.
- Commissions; Accurately review and authorize commissions based on commission schedule.
- Facilitate A/R, A/P, and collections meetings with production teams to determine monthly invoicing and state of accounts receivable and accounts payable. Document action items and maintain follow thru.
- Financial Statements; assist with the creation of monthly, quarterly and annual performance reporting. Recommend revenue increasing and/or cost savings initiatives as you uncover areas of opportunity.
- Assist in year-end turn over.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal government reporting requirements by filing forms under direction of owner and model GAAP standards.
- Maintain accurate filing of all accounting records physically and electronically.
- Work with production administrators and project managers to ensure accurate and timely job costing. Raise awareness to variances in standard GPM between divisions.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- A minimum of an Associates degree in accounting, 2 years quick books experience and 5+ years of relevant experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Construction industry and job costing experience preferred.
- Must have a strong grasp of financial and performance management.
- Strong sense of ethical conduct and thoroughness.
- Must be able to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with grace and accuracy.
- Must have vision – the desire to anticipate rapid growth, see challenges coming and adjust company focus to avoid disruption.
- Proficient Excel and QuickBooks user. SharePoint, Xactimate and tsheets experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
This position entails working in a flexible, relaxed, and productive office setting with 8-10 full time office staff who build one another daily with the goal to pioneer and lead in our industry. Employee reports directly to owner and is provided with a desk, dual monitor and admin support. You will find cooperation, support, and empowerment as we encourage a positive team environment fostering open and honest communication. As we value your health and family, work/ life balance is achieved with a typical work day being 8-9 hours, 5 days a week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance