Founded in 1945, Baker Distributing Company is engaged in the sales and distribution of HVAC, refrigeration, food service equipment, parts and supplies for residential, commercial and marine applications.
Baker Distributing offers customers a wide range of product lines, competitive pricing, superior customer service and valuable, timesaving services that position us as an industry leader. Our organization has the experience to meet your company’s heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and food service requirements.
With over 200 locations in 22 states, each Baker Distributing Sales Center is staffed by the most knowledgeable and customer service oriented people in our industry. With a complete inventory of HVAC/R products and technical assistance, our Sales Centers can provide you with the products and information you need to make your job and you more efficient.
Company Website: http:www.bakerdist.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Male, Female, Disabled, Veteran, Sexual Orientation
The Sales representative is responsible for managing HVAC residential and contractor sales, including support products, for one of our established wholesale HVAC distributorship that carries multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies. The ultimate goal of this role is to develop client relationships to be able to sell, acquire and maintain a strong customer base supporting a Sales Center in a designated territory.
- Represent Baker as a leader in the industry ensuring maximum sales and profitability.
- Secure maximum market share and sales dollars consistent with established sales policies and programs.
- Solicit new accounts and dealers and develop market strategies.
- Maintain direct personal contact with all assigned accounts and foster relations with new ones.
- Take proactive approach to sales development and problem solving.
- Resolve customer relations problems and issues with clients within a timely manner.
- Serve as a host at dealer meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive trips and all other similar functions.
- Participate as requested in home product shows, utility sponsored events, industry associations, etc. Attend, when necessary, training classes to acquire the skills to meet our customers’ needs and expectations and to keep abreast with technical developments and changes in product lines.
- Conduct him/herself in a professional and courteous manner in all aspects of interaction with contractors, customers and employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-4 years sales experience within the HVAC industry, preferably with experience in the operations of a wholesale HVAC equipment supply house.
- Proven work history in the sales and marketing arenas with proficiency in air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment at a wholesale distribution level.
- 2-4 years of experience in residential and commercial contractor relationships.
- Proven success in sales, marketing, operations and leadership roles.
- Proven success in establishing and meeting sales goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills including sales, problem solving and customer service are absolutely required.
- Ability to analyze sales and market data.
- Ability to give quality presentations.
- Ability to work independently, but meet assigned goals and objectives in designated time frames.
- Must possess the attitude of wanting to learn, teach and lead.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- outside sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)