The work of a Mail Handler includes but is not limited to unloading mail from USPS trucks into the warehouse via forklifts. This position sorts mail by destination and scans into bag carts or AKE. This position runs units of mail over a scale to ensure that weight matches what the scanner reflects. The position further sorts, scans and loads inbound mail into USPS containers.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Ability to judge distances
- Ability to operate equipment such as forklifts
- Ability to understand and follow safety instructions.
- Must read and speak English.
- Must be able to handle stress in a fast-paced environment and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to concentrate on detail.
- Ability to lift 50-70 lbs.
- Adhere to safety practices and programs.
- Ability to challenge unauthorized individuals in secured areas.
- Ability to multitask.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous Warehouse experience is preferred
- Valid US driver’s license.
- Successful completion of required airport badging process, USPS background check and pre-employment
drug screen is required.
Schedule of Hours
Alliance Ground International operates twenty-four hours a day seven days a week in three operational shifts, AGI requires its employees to be able to work flexible schedules which may be adjusted to meet operational demands such as flight delays, cancellations, adhocs, etc. Applicants must be able to work on weekends, (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and holidays. Strict adherence to company attendance policies are expected and enforced.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma