Miklos Systems, Inc. (MSI) is a small employee-owned software development and systems engineering company located in Fairfax, VA. We provide custom software, applications, and databases for our customers, primarily in the US Government.
We are seeking a software engineer with a solid engineering background developed through a strong education program, with college coursework and/or internship development experience, who wants to be an Employee-Owner. We are looking for juniors or seniors who will complete their undergraduate coursework and graduate within the next 9-18 months. The selected candidate will work offsite at customer locations in the Northern Virginia area.
No security clearance is required to apply to this position, however candidates must be willing to submit for and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph. Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
As a software engineer, web developer, and/or database developer, your responsibilities will include the following:
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Developing browser-based line of business applications
- Leveraging 3rd party applications and web services
- Integrating commercial products seamlessly with custom software
- Working closely with other developers and customers
The following qualifications are a plus:
- On track to complete a B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related discipline, within 9 – 18 months
- Experience with Java
- The ability to work on small, fast moving teams
MSI's benefits include:
- Experience with REST API design and implementation
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, MySQL, or Postgres
- Experience with Git, Gitlab, Github
- Development experience in a Linux-based environment
- Development experience in a cloud computing environment, especially AWS
- Experience with Automated Testing, such as Selenium
- Experience with NoSQL (Hadoop, Neo4j, MongoDB)
MSI's benefits include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and flexible spending account
- Employee-directed annual training and education budget, including reimbursement for certification exam fees
- Over seven weeks of vacation and sick leave per year, plus ten holidays
- Other optional insurances including coverage through AFLAC.
- Dues for memberships in professional associations and subscriptions to many technical journals
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and flexible spending account
Employee-directed annual training and education budget
Over four weeks of vacation and sick leave per year, plus ten holidays
Other optional insurances including coverage through AFLAC.
Miklos Systems, Inc. (MSI) appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. MSI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.