We have a legacy Java Swing application that we currently deploy using the JNLP Java Web Start system (We also deployed as an applet until recently 2017). With the expected demise of Java Web Start we are looking for a candidate to develop and implement a new strategy for application deployment. This is the Primary challenge for this Job.
We are looking for someone who is an expert in packaging Java Applications for deployment on multiple platforms (Windows, OSX, linux). They MUST be familiar with the technologies and challenges in deploying Java applications to a very wide variety of operating systems and local network security environments.
Beyond the packaging and deployment challenge there will also be ongoing work on the Java Application code base. We also operate server side systems (AWS LAMP stack) to serve data to the Java client application. Knowledge of PHP, Laravel, Liniux, Nginx, Maria DB and other server technologies would be a plus.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on Software Developer who can can understand business requirements and then write, document and test code to meet those requirements. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, customer focused and results driven.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $35.00 to $70.00 /hour
- Java Swing Framework: 3 years (Preferred)
- Java: 3 years (Required)
- Java Application Packaging: 1 year (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects