We are seeking a full time Desktop Engineer II to work in our Santa Ana, CA office. The Desktop Engineer II will work 40 hours a week and must have flexibility to work from 8:00AM – 5:30PM, Monday to Friday. The Desktop Engineer will perform installations, maintenance, and repair work on any computer related equipment that supports the business including laptops, desktops, communications equipment (digital & IP phones), tablets (ex. iPad’s), smart phones, printers, local area networks, wide area networks, or any piece of computer related peripheral or software an end user would be using. The Desktop Engineer has to perform the majority of the mentioned tasks while providing a high level of customer service to the user.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Support and maintain computer systems, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals within the organization so that employees can accomplish business tasks. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
- Identify and resolve technical issues associated with desktop/laptops, operating systems, application software, network, peripherals, mobile devices and phone systems
- Undertake complex problem solving and provide assistance to colleagues and customers ensuring they are dealt with in a pleasant, professional and timely manner
- Provide off-site conference support for local conferences which requires application and BIOS updates
- Assist in office moves and new office setup by setting up new gear and/or assisting in the breakdown and re-deployment of gear
- Assist in the manual and/or limited automated implementation of new software applications or existing software/hardware solutions (i.e. patches, configuration changes, application updates, etc.)
- Coordinate and/or perform fixes over the phone at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software
- Coordinate with Apple, Dell and Microsoft for warranty and out of warranty repair
- Provide information in response to inquiries, concerns, and technical difficulties
- Follow up and make scheduled callbacks to customers where necessary
- Adhere to the Client Technology Services team policies and procedures
- Utilize ServiceNow Service Management System to document and track issues, requests and resolutions
- Manage individual incident queue resolving customer issues/requests within SLA
- Perform post-resolution follow up requests
- Responsible for escalating all incidents and requests to appropriate support teams when resolution or process is unknown or out-of-scope in a timely manner
- Document process improvements and procedures
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 3 - 5 years of technical experience working in a desktop support environment
- 2+ years customer service experience working in a call center environment
- Solid proficiency with the Windows and Mac Operating systems and associated hardware
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience of the Office suite of Applications, both for Mac and PC
- Demonstrate strong experience with Active Directory and laptop/desktop/printer hardware architecture
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills; ability to prioritize and effectively execute tasks while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of networked computer resources
- Solid knowledge of registry and file systems
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Exceptional customer service, teamwork, organization and communication skills
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to document processes and procedures
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or 3 years of work experience
- A+ Certification – Required
- Network+ Certification – Required
- Security+ Certification – Preferred
- Linux+ Certification - Preferred
- Apple Certified Associate (ACA) – Preferred
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification – Required
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.