Business Intelligence Analyst
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
This Business Intelligence Analyst role is responsible for working closely with our business stakeholders to define the required reporting and analytical needs for the organization. Some of our Business Stakeholders include Billing, Finance, Payer Markets, HR, Legal, and Medical Affairs. The position will create both standard and custom reporting solutions, conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis and provide associated reporting support for internal operations. The individual will also be instrumental in defining and tracking Key Performance Indicators that are required to clarify the true pulse of the organization and improve our overall decision making.
The position works within the broader EDM (Enterprise Data Management) group to ensure the accurate capture and storage of required reporting data. This individual plays a key role to further the overall vision of the Enterprise Data Management, by driving standardized tools, methodologies and business processes that are aimed at improving data quality and operating efficiencies.
- Work closely with the team and users to design and deliver comprehensive reporting solutions.
- Outline and facilitate the collection of key data sources needed to drive business insights and direction
- Design and administer a dashboards and a self-service reporting program in order to support the reporting needs of the organization
- Assist in the analysis of information to understand various trends and related opportunities
- Interpret reporting results and assist in the creation of action plans to drive our business objectives
- Drive the creation and administration of Common Definitions leading to accuracy and trust of reporting
- Assist leadership team to leverage our reporting to drive the business objectives
- Translating technical and functional user requirements into a value driven solution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- 2+ years' experience in Business Intelligence, Consulting or equivalent
- Proficient in SQL query development
- General experience in the creation of dashboards using industry standard tools and techniques
- Experience working with Billing, Finance, and HR a plus
- Understanding of Data Analysis in relation to Business Process modeling
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Qlikview/QlikSense a plus
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.