Accounting Manager / Controller
We currently have a great opportunity for an Accounting Manager to oversee our accounting department. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, interacting with external stakeholders, budgeting, developing internal accounting controls, and building a strong financial team. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our VP of Finance and IT and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements and perform month-end closing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Preparation for the annual audit
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions. Issues 1099’s
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Payroll / 401k administration, banking for US and Canada, rebate payouts, generating and publishing statements and other reports monthly.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis.
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
- Competitive starting salary rate
- Health & Welfare Program (Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance)
- 401 K Plan (with company contribution)
- AD&D & Life Insurance
- Paid vacation time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year