Want to work for a dynamic company that feels nice and compact but boasts the perks of companies several times its size? With its rapid growth and global nature, Octo may be the place for you! THIS IS A 3-6 MONTH CONTRACT WITH POTENTIAL TO GO PERMANENT!
Octo Telematics,a leading global provider of telematics and data analytics solutions for the auto insurance industry is seeking an experienced Data Administrator/ Engineer who will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of analytics infrastructure that enables almost every other function in the data world.You will be responsible for the development, construction, maintenance and testing of architectures, such as databases and large -scale processing system.We are a big-data company that works with some of the world’s largest insurers.
- Build distributed ETL systems across a range of platforms and big data technologies like HDFS and Hive.
- Install, maintain, big databases and develop code using Python for big data databases.
- Solve complex performance problems, architectural challenges, and production issues.
- Set up scheduler jobs on Linux Servers for data automation and quality analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring high-availability ( >99.0%) of critical database systems and services and for development, implementation, and testing of failover and disaster recovery plans for all critical database systems.
- Write complex SQL queries for data extraction, automation, and data quality analysis.
- Participate in the setting of the objectives, strategies, plans, programs, performance standards/measures, and procedures as a member of the IT Operations team.
- Participate in on-call rotation for system administration level 2 support including but not limited to weekends, holidays and after-business hours s required to service the needs of the business.
- Follow company processes and procedures. May perform ad-hoc duties as needed such as collaborate with management to create reports about business and operative KPIs measurement and spreading awareness about data security and breach to all employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ progressive post-baccalaureate experience as a database administrator or in a related role.
- Experience in utilizing business intelligence tool tableau; and Database Administration, Database Architecture, Big Data Analytics, Python programming, Linux Server administration, and Complex SQL queries from Parstream and Oracle.
Job Type: Contract
- Database Management: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)