The Digital Designer creates and implements designs for responsive websites, apps, HTML e-mails, banners and other online interfaces within production deadlines and according to functional specifications.
Works with project teams to define and design web pages, enhancements or digital experiences according to wireframes and functional specifications. 15%
Creates roughs, mockups and prototypes providing suitable designs, colors, fonts and graphics; optimizes content for the web, and adheres to brand guidelines. 15%
Understands design user interaction and design workflows. 15%
Ensures that digital projects are produced accurately and on schedule, utilize best practice such as ADA compliance, and meet code review. 10%
Designs themes and components to be repurposed across different brands' digital experiences. 10%
Communicates and collaborates with project team members regarding project status and any current or potential issues that may impact the timely completion of projects. 15%
Work with the content creation team to make sure the assets are created to fit the design of the website, app or email. 10%
Work collaboratively with the development team to make sure the design transfers into development as expected. 10%
Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Graphic Design combined with outstanding creative portfolio Pref
4-7 years 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing or digital agency environment. Pref
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of digital standards and web browsers, as well as proficiency with design applications including Adobe Suite.
- Must know conceptual design, state-of-the-art interaction design and useable interfaces.
- Must understand user-centered design and design of "Rich Internet Applications."
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams to successfully take digital projects through their full life cycle-from concept to go-live.
- Strong detail orientation with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Innovative spirit and great energy.
Organized, self-motivated and driven.
Works well with others.
- Adobe Suite/Sketch for mock-ups, clickable prototypes and optimizing content for the web.
- Complimentary use of design and prototype applications (Sketch, InVision and Webflow)
- Strong sense of what is required of a great user interface
- Solid understanding of accessibility concerns
- Complete understanding of the full cycle development (design, development and testing)
Understand full scope of an integrated marketing initiative and not limited to just digital
Licenses and Certifications
Portfolio, Design and/or Art School Pref