ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Essential participant in identification of business inefficiencies and hands-on resolution to financial improvement
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, cost accounting, including WIP
- Manage Human Resources, including payroll, benefits and record keeping
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial statements for Management and the Board of Directors.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary.
- Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Interface with outside audit firm(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies to minimize risk and expenses.
- Report to the Board of Directors when necessary in writing and verbally.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, disciplining employees, performance reviews, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferable in accounting or finance
- CPA license is preferred, but not required
- Five or more related years of construction experience including deep understanding of WIP
- Three or more years of supervisory experience
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to management
- Must be current on all GAAP financial reporting requirements.
- Controller must use the utmost discretion in all presentations/correspondence and communication for staff
- Must be functionally computer literate in off the shelf software (MS Office Suite) and able to lead/manage the organization’s computer systems, experience with RFMS desired but not required.
- May not be limited in any way in effectively using the company’s IT systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)