Supervises the overall operation of the company’s general ledger function including the Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and Occupancy Accounting areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise 2 Senior Accountants, 1 A/R Clerk, and 1 Staff Accountant.
- Work with the Accounting Manager and other G/L team members effectively to meet department duties, goals and project deadlines.
- Direct the monthly financial close and financial reporting process.
- Prepare monthly company financial statements using AX, Management Reporter, Insights, Excel, Atlas, Zap, and other software applications.
- Prepare & review various schedules provided to the external & internal auditors.
- Ensure that processes & procedures are in place and followed in order for the company to maintain compliance with internal controls.
- Work with the Controller to provide various financial analysis reports and KPI results to Senior Management.
- Review, approve and prepare monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform analytical reviews of company and site-specific P & L reports.
- Write queries and reports from the financial system and business information warehouse for requested information.
- Handle updates and changes to the AX financial system database.
- Review operational and fixed asset reports distributed to Operations and Corporate Departments on a regular basis.
- Work closely with all levels of management and lead special projects as assigned.
- Participate in the preparation of the Cineworld (Parent) public filings and supporting schedules.
- Assist the UK Finance Team, located in the US, with their conversion to the Regal ERP.
- Contribute in the consolidation of the financial results with the Parent level reporting group.
- Ability to perform detailed financial analysis and apply advanced accounting skills.
- Ability to multi task and meet assigned deadlines.
- Coordinate the company’s annual budget process along with the Accounting Manager.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance. Seven to ten years related experience and/or public accounting firm experience. Prior experience in performing and supervising the monthly closing process strongly preferred. Prior experience with administering the database of a financial system and creating financial reports is a must. Solid understanding of GAAP and/or IFRS is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
CPA is strongly desired.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and statistical analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Accounting Software with a preference in Microsoft products, Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel skills, Report writing tools and BI tools.
Manage and direct the work of others including assigning projects and reviewing results.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.