Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 100+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Founded in 2005, we pioneered the market with the first ever church mobile app. Since then, we've been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 9,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted top 100 Washington's Best Workplaces by the Puget Sound Business Journal, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don't take our word for it—head to Glassdoor ( https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Subsplash-EI_IE949698.11,20.htm ) and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Product Team is responsible for all the products Subsplash develops and delivers, including the App Platform and Merchant Services offerings. We are a team of designers, developers, and product management professionals, creating polished and compelling experiences for our clients and end users. The Product Team is responsible for the entire user experience including: End-User Mobile Apps, the Subsplash Dashboard (our Content Management System), Subsplash Wallet (our Donation and Merchant Services Platform), the Web App, backend media & data feeds, format conversion services, analytics, and more. The Product Team's mission is to delight our clients by helping them engage their communities and deliver beautiful, high-impact content, so they can fuel their mission & expand their reach.
About the Role
Top 3 Key Outcomes in Year 1
- Become an expert on Subsplash products -- you should have a comprehensive knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of our products
- Work with multiple project teams to implement quality from design to delivery
- Help define what 'agile quality assurance' is and how to implement it on our projects
- Work with a cross-functional team utilizing agile methodologies
- Prepare estimates for assigned tasks
- Provide ongoing feedback on your deliverables
- Document and share technical information and processes
- Manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities
- Write readable, maintainable, high performance automation scripts
- Jump in and assist other QA team members when needed
- 6+ years software testing experience in a group or team environment, and an advanced level knowledge of the following:
- Web and native mobile application systems and tools, such as Xcode, Visual Studio, and Android Studio
- Version control systems such as Git
- API testing
- Performance and Security testing
- Experience working in an Agile\Scrum environment
- You know, and can deliver, at least one hilarious yet appropriate joke in an entertaining manner
- Passionate: You have a desire to build apps and experiences that serve the church and make the gospel of Jesus Christ incredibly accessible.
- Intuitive: You possess a strong instinct about how software is supposed to work and where to track down defects.
- A learner: You are always striving to be dependable, flexible, humble, teachable, proactive, and smart.
- A communicator: You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Servant-hearted: Ability to help others get a lot of work done by being their eyes and ears, hands and feet.
- Organized: You are able to enjoy a rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility and self-discipline.
- Trustworthy: You understand the importance of working with confidentiality with sensitive information.
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, 401k (with employer match), Free Smoothies and Snacks, Optional Work-from-home Thursdays, Public Transportation Subsidy.
This position is classified as FTE exempt and therefore not eligible for overtime pay.