Visual Merchandiser (Project Based Opportunity)
DAVACO is the leading total solutions provider of high-volume remodels, rollouts, surveys and technology deployments for global brands. With over 1,100 W-2 and T-4 employees located across the United States and Canada, DAVACO offers a strategic approach that integrates innovative technology solutions, unmatched expertise, exceptional value and consistent quality for the management and execution of high-volume, high-velocity brand initiatives. All programs are supported by ClearThread® Technologies for data collection and reporting.
Services include: Program and project management; Fixture, equipment and graphic installations; Digital signage/digital menu boards; Kiosks, beacons and other technology upgrades; Hard and soft-line merchandising; Site, marketing and pre-construction surveys; Logistics and consolidation; Facilities maintenance programs; Special initiatives.
DAVACO's Brand Merchandising Division services soft/hard line clients, ranging from fashion apparel, footwear, and accessories.
DAVACO's Brand Merchandising Division is currently seeking a vibrant Brand Installation team member with previous apparel, soft/hard line experience to support national and international brands in department, specialty, and sporting goods retailers. The ideal candidate manages product installations from inception to consumer-ready and is responsible for driving retail sales for well-known brands within major department and specialty store environments. The position is project-based and requires travel nationwide. This position is a critical, highly-visible role working with the dynamic Brand team of DAVACO.
As a member of the Brand’s team your job will encompass different levels of responsibility that commands professionalism and confidentiality. Below is a partial list of responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for visual merchandising; set product to full consumer-ready state following client visual standards for merchandising.
- Promote DAVACO services through upholding store relationships and providing pertinent feedback to the client.
- Provide Quality Control check on assigned projects and follow program reporting parameters.
- Build business relationships with DAVACO client base as required.
- Communicate with Program Manager regarding all client concerns, challenges and opportunities on assigned projects.
- Develops a cost-effective plan for short-term program or project execution following logical patterns to meet completion dates.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability; ability to prioritize work, maintain a positive attitude and composure in stressful situations.
- Must be able to plan, execute and close out multiple projects or tasks in short periods of time to the satisfaction of the supervisor and/or client.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and meets challenges with resourcefulness; ability to problem solve, with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Attentive to material purchases to keep budget on track.
- Partner with Project Manager to review project completion implementing best practices for application during future projects.
- Be adept at critical analysis and problem solving skills to navigate on-site hindrances to project execution.
- Prepare, submit and provide reports for each visit and submit via DAVACO's web-based portal. Clear before and after photos of completed work are required for each visit.
- Ability to provide excellent and timely written and verbal communication.
- Thoroughly understand project floor plans, fixture assembly and placement drawings, construction drawings and product flow plans.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a retail environment is essential.
- Soft-line merchandising expertise in a department/specialty store environment.
- Knowledgeable of fixture assembly and attachments.
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, and proven leadership skills. Strong customer service skills are imperative.
- Dependable, with a strong work ethic.
- Consistently conduct self in professional, safe and courteous manner conducive to open retail, restaurant and hospitality environment in front of client and client’s customers.
- 3 - 5 years of prior visual merchandising or retail management experience, preferably in a department store or specialty store environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extensive customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and make sound business decisions based on client visual directives and store inventory
- Motivated/pro-active mindset in an exciting and robust work environment.
- Ability to adhere to a pre-approved monthly schedule; must be dependable with a strong work ethic.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Computers, Smart Phone, etc. and ability to use similar or equivalent technology, such as DAVACO technology, as it pertains to collecting and communicating data.
- Must be willing to work away from home and travel on a regular basis.
- Must have reliable transportation; must have and maintain good driving record.
- Physical ability: must be able to work on your feet for several hours at a time, lift 25 pounds, climb ladders and manipulate fixtures
- High speed internet strongly recommended.
- Adhere to company’s policies, as well as compliance with federal and state legislation laws; must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
DAVACO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Supports a Diverse, Inclusive Work Environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident substance abuse testing. We also perform pre-employment background checks.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us.
Job Type: Part-time
- Visual Merchandising: 3 years (Preferred)