BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring an Administrative Assistant to work part-time for the NYC Care Community-based Outreach program. The position requires a three-day work week and flexible schedule. The position will report to the NYC Care Coordinator and Director of Health Benefit programs.
- Purchase office supplies and/or equipment, including maintaining appropriate documentation of purchasing decisions and forwarding purchase orders, packing slips and invoices to the fiscal department on a timely basis.
- Review invoices for accuracy and forward to fiscal department on a timely basis.
- Maintain inventory log on a monthly basis for all items, equipment and furniture purchased, transferred, traded in or discarded. Inventory logs are forwarded
to the Assistant to the Executive Director annually.
- Maintain and balance office petty cash fund by collecting expense vouchers, reimbursing staff, and reconciling and submitting vouchers to fiscal on, at a minimum, a monthly basis.
- Maintain OSHA data sheets, training logs, office certificates, etc., to ensure site compliance with regulatory agencies, such as Department of Health, Department of Labor, etc.
- Collect, organize and forward time sheets to the human resources department by 11 a.m. on the Friday preceding the Thursday pay day.
- Maintain contract, personnel, time sheet and sign-in log files.
- Draft, copy, fax and file memoranda, letters and other agency documents.
- Maintain calendar, schedule appointments and arrange meeting rooms.
- Submit monthly progress reports to supervisor.
- Assist with the collection of documents for audits and submission of proposals. Deliver and/or pick up documents to/at BronxWorks offices, funding sources and or other agencies.
- Assume responsibilities of program assistant when necessary.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
- Associates degree, or high school diploma or equivalent and two years related experience.
- Proficiency in modern business communications including personal computers, electronic mail, voicemail, facsimile and copier equipment.
- Proficiency in basic filing principles and standard correspondence formats.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute.
Ability to use a computer for prolonged periods.
Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Ability to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time.
Ability to climb five flights of stairs.
Ability to bend and retrieve objects and/or documents.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.