This position maintains and enhances the company’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices as they apply to employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety, performance and staffing levels. This position works closely with Senior Management to develop and support the company’s strategic goals from an HR perspective.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the HR budget
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company’s evaluation program
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining company directory and other organizational charts
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Prepare and transmit the bi-weekly payroll and 401(k) withholdings.
- Manage the recruiting process including ad prep, job descriptions, interviewing, and management of candidates.
- Administer all 401K requirements, including communications with participants and providers.
- Chair monthly safety meeting and follow up where appropriate.
- Develop an employee-oriented atmosphere that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Coordinate special projects such as open enrollment and employee activities.
- Review possible implementation of Wellness program and other programs to improve employee relations.
- Ability to develop and manage effective Processes.
- Self-motivated professional.
- Team Player.
- Supports Diversity.
- Outstanding speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Leadership qualities such as strong work ethic, trustworthiness and self-confidence.
- Strong knowledge of Employment Law and Laws Against Sexual Harassment.
Proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong knowledge and background using the Paylocity payroll system.
The job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment; such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position, Days and hours of work week are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m.
This is largely a sedentary role, however, some filing is required which would require the ability to lift files, open file cabinets or bend on a stool as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- hr generalist: 5 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)