**$1000 sign-on bonus for qualified individuals!**
Are you a natural people person with a passion for helping people achieve beautiful smiles? Are you looking for an environment where you’ll be able to learn and grow alongside some of the best in the business?
If you answered “yes” to both of these questions, you may be the perfect fit for Hawaii Family Dental’s open Dental Assistant position.
As a Dental Assistant at Hawaii Family Dental, you’ll be working chair side with our team of top-notch dentists and hygienists, practicing four-handed dentistry (don’t worry - you only need two to be qualified!) while educating our patients on the ins and outs of proper dental hygiene and oral care.
Simply put, you’ll be helping people protect and preserve their pearly whites with the best dental team in Hawaii.
Our Dental Assistants:
- Act as the right-hand man (or woman!) to the dentist as they improve the smiles of each and every patient - you’re like their trusty sidekick as you work chairside, take x-rays, and assist with documentation, without the cape.
- Educate and support patients by showing them how to brush and floss like a pro and provide special instructions to those who need a bit of TLC
- Ensure that every patient crosses their T’s and dots their I’s by reviewing their health history, forms, and signatures at every visit.
- Keep germs at bay by sterilizing and maintaining all equipment
- Are compassionate and caring and ensure that patients know what to expect with each visit - no surprises here!
Additionally, every team member at Hawaii Family Dental Center must uphold our core values, which can be summed up with the word “PRAISE”:
- PRIORITIZATION: You don’t sweat the little things; you recognize what deserves your attention and what can wait for another day.
- RELENTLESSNESS: You work just as hard as you play; you’re unrelenting in your efforts to provide the best possible patient experience, quick to offer praise, and nothing can keep you from a job well done.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: You take ownership over situations and expect your team members to do the same; whether it’s solving problems quickly or just making sure you never leave the coffee pot empty (don’t be that guy), you know how to step up and mitigate sticky situations.
- INITIATIVE: You’re always looking for room to improve by identifying opportunities to learn and grow; you speak up in team meetings and sit in the front of the room during meetings and training sessions (it’s okay, we don’t judge!).
- SOLUTIONS-FOCUSED: When adversity appears, rather than dwelling on the past, you put proper attention on what’s needed to move forward.
- EXCELLENCE: You strive for excellence in everything you do; from your communication with team members to your relationships with patients, you cultivate the best possible patient experience and office culture.
Here are some of the perks of being a Dental Assistant with Hawaii Family Dental (besides the awesome team):
- Competitive hourly wages commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to earn additional incentives, based on performance
- Medical, drug, and vision plans with excellent dental coverage (we care about your pearly whites, too!)
- 401K with Employer Matching (aka free money!)
- Paid holidays (unfortunately, National Grilled Cheese Day isn’t included)
- Paid time off
- Formal and on-the-job training and development
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Minimum Education and Experience
We’re searching for the best of the best to join our team. So if you’ve got what it takes (based on the below qualifications) we can’t wait to meet you.
The ideal Dental Assistant has the following education, experience, or skillsets:
- At least one year of experience as a dental assistant
- High school graduate or GED
- You know your way around a computer
- Strong attention to detail (nothing gets past you!)
- Ability to think on your feet and make smart decisions in stressful situations
- At least one year of experience in a customer service-oriented position
Job Type: Full-time
- Certified Dental Assistant (Preferred)
- X-ray (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts