Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement Cybersecurity solutions to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems in commercial cloud environments, including AWS. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build Cybersecurity solutions in the Cloud to protect personal, financial, health, and other sensitive information for government agencies and global enterprises? We’re looking for an engineer who can create advanced Cybersecurity solutions in AWS that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a Cloud Operations Lead at Booz Allen, you’ll lead a team to implement, operate, maintain, and secure critical cloud-based workloads in AWS and other commercial cloud environments hosting our client's most sensitive information and applications. You’ll coordinate with investment teams, executives, clients, and industry leading vendors to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective Cloud-hosted solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You’ll lead the team through a critical approach to design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of our country's financial markets, warfighters, citizen services, and healthcare. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating security best practices like SecDevOps, multi-AZ and multi-region redundancy, Identity and Access Management (IAM), encryption, and security analytics. You’ll broaden your skillset into AWS's advanced security and networking services like Transit Gateway, KMS, Organizations, WAF, Secrets Manager, Inspector, IAM, and Security Hub to support dynamic and immutable cloud infrastructure. Join our team as we deliver innovative Cybersecurity solutions to protect our client's information in the cloud.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 4+ years of experience with leading operations teams for the maintenance of production systems and environments for enterprise or government customers
- 2+ years of experience with supporting systems in AWS or other IaaS commercial cloud environments
- 2+ years of experience with requirements analysis, design, and engineering solutions
- Knowledge of IT Service Management practices, including incident management, change management, configuration management, and problem management
- Knowledge of federal IT and Cloud security policies, including FISMA, FedRAMP, and NIST 800–53 and applying them to the design and implementation of Cloud solutions to achieve and maintain an Authorization to Operate (ATO)
- Knowledge of network and system security concepts, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS), anti-malware, vulnerability scanning, encryption, monitoring, and Identity Management
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with the full software or systems development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, integration, testing, and implementation
- Experience with working in a network Security Operations Center (SOC) as an engineer or analyst
- Experience with software development in one or more of the following languages: .NET, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Ability to automate the provisioning and configuration of IT environments, including tools, such as CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or PowerShell tools
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and interfacing with senior-level customers
- Public Trust clearance
- BA or BS degree in a Mathematics, Science, or Engineering field
- CISSP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.